Search Unity

Animation curves on duplicated animations

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Gazielle, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Gazielle

Gazielle

Hello! I've been testing Unity's the animation rigging package and in order to modify my base animation I need to duplicate the clip so it is not in the "Read Only" mode anymore.
    When I do so the new clip lose a lot of parameters it had before such as the curves and events.

The only other related topic I found was this thread :
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/animation-curves-on-non-external-animations.526970/

Since the original post is 3 years old, I was wondering if there is now some sort of official solution to this.

2. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Duplicating a clip is clearly the best way you can create an editable animation clip with your existing animation. Also, you should not lose any curves or events when duplicating the clip. Did you properly apply the changes in the model importer before duplicating the asset?

Alternatively, you can create a new state machine layer (synced layer) to override the read-only clips with additional animation. You can also do the same with Timeline by creating an override track and keyframe additional animation there.

Gazielle likes this.