Search Unity

Animation controls greyed out

Discussion in 'Animation' started by mikemuk01, Mar 21, 2018.

1. mikemuk01

mikemuk01

I am trying to create an animation clip using Unity 5.5.2. When I open the animation window and click on Create, the preview and record buttons are greyed out and I cannot make the clip. How can I rectify this please?

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

More info needed. Do you have an object selected when you click create? Is the object selected a prefab?
    Images would help.

3. mikemuk01

mikemuk01

Thank you for your reply. I followed up your hints and found that the game object was not a prefab. As soon as I made it into one everything worked perfectly.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. astrohnugget

astrohnugget

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

5. JamieVRcade

JamieVRcade

For me, it was because my timeline window was locked and it was controlling the activation of the gameobject. By unlocking the timeline window and clicking off, I was able to preview and record my keyframed animations again.

BloomBigGames likes this.
  6. LunarBullet

LunarBullet

Its simple, just click the model or prefab and you will be able to see the animation that is linked to such object!

7. tonytopper

tonytopper

Unfortunately, it's not always that simple. After suffering and reading the forums, Answers, StackExchanges, etc, there seem to be many cases where the functionality of these features falls apart.

I do believe there are bugs and there are definitely many UX issues that need to be addressed in this feature stack.