Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

animation clips got rotated.. what?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by CaoMengde777, Nov 28, 2014.

1. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

okay, so, i have all my animations from blender,
    and it was working fine.. i dont know why it happened..
    ..all i did was parent a camera to a cube thats parented to the character..
    suddenly all my animation clips in unity are rotated by like 45 degrees..

i noticed, in the import settings of the mesh/ animation clips "root transform rotation" "based upon at start" its set on "root node rotation" ... if i change it to "original" it fixes back to how i have it in blender..

but i wonder is "root node rotation" default?? or is "original" default?
    edit: i guess root node rotation is default

and if i rotate the root node nothing happens.. its still messed up 45 degrees off animation..
    and what the heck.. if "original" is default, how did it get changed? .. all i did was parent a camera to a cube thats parented to the character .. theres no script to change animation 45 degrees.. and the animation clips themselves got rotated, all of them .. weird..

i guess i can remimport the blend file and re-rig up all the scripts and components and stuff... >< but i JUST did that for a different problem i was having.. And.. i just wanna know why this happened?? seems weird.. hotkey? or glitch?.. or i did something i didnt notice lol

4.6 final ... probably not a glitch... but i noticed i just downloaded 4.6 final, and i noticed theres some stuttering in the editor that wasnt there before.. maybe its my computer though idk..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

well i reimported my character and reset it up and its fine..

guess root node rotation is default..

.. just weird, i dont get why it got changed? .. like to know as much as i can about unity, but, yeah first time really working with animations in unity... lols sorta just winging it.. and reading manual