Search Unity

animation clips got rotated.. what?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by CaoMengde777, Nov 28, 2014.

1. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

okay, so, i have all my animations from blender,
    and it was working fine.. i dont know why it happened..
    ..all i did was parent a camera to a cube thats parented to the character..
    suddenly all my animation clips in unity are rotated by like 45 degrees..

i noticed, in the import settings of the mesh/ animation clips "root transform rotation" "based upon at start" its set on "root node rotation" ... if i change it to "original" it fixes back to how i have it in blender..

but i wonder is "root node rotation" default?? or is "original" default?
    edit: i guess root node rotation is default

and if i rotate the root node nothing happens.. its still messed up 45 degrees off animation..
    and what the heck.. if "original" is default, how did it get changed? .. all i did was parent a camera to a cube thats parented to the character .. theres no script to change animation 45 degrees.. and the animation clips themselves got rotated, all of them .. weird..

i guess i can remimport the blend file and re-rig up all the scripts and components and stuff... >< but i JUST did that for a different problem i was having.. And.. i just wanna know why this happened?? seems weird.. hotkey? or glitch?.. or i did something i didnt notice lol

4.6 final ... probably not a glitch... but i noticed i just downloaded 4.6 final, and i noticed theres some stuttering in the editor that wasnt there before.. maybe its my computer though idk..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

well i reimported my character and reset it up and its fine..

guess root node rotation is default..

.. just weird, i dont get why it got changed? .. like to know as much as i can about unity, but, yeah first time really working with animations in unity... lols sorta just winging it.. and reading manual