Search Unity

Animation Clip error

Discussion in '2D' started by underoathgames, Nov 29, 2013.

1. underoathgames

underoathgames

I'm trying to add my animation clip into my animator controller but when I drag the animation clip into the "Motion" box of my animator controller, in the console tab I get an error saying "...Animation clips used within the Animator Controller need to have Muscle Definition set up in the Asset Importer Inspector" I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The Unity 2D example tutorial video they put out does not have enough details to show me what I'm doing wrong. This is a simple 2D animation and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've added a screen cap of the inspector of my animation clip. It seems to be missing other things that the tutorial animation clips had but I don't know how to add them. The fist pic is mine, the second is from the tutorial.
    $animationclip.png
    $example.png

2. underoathgames

underoathgames

Never mind, I got it working. I created the animation by right clicking in the project hierarchy -> create animation and it had all the root transforms attached to it. Not sure how I got an animation clip w/o them but I now know how to do it right :).