Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Animation C# jobs in 2018.2a5

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Mecanim-Dev, Apr 4, 2018.

1. fherbst

fherbst

Not sure what you mean with "correct", documentation clearly states "world position" while it's not - I'm not talking about a parent to the Animator but a parent to those bones inside the Animator hierarchy.
    Also, the exact same method seems to work fine for elements in that chain (they are using Get/SetGlobalTR to update, and each child gets the right parent position), so there must be some way to make the job aware of the parent transform...

Edit: nearly all useful effects need some world space awareness, be it looking at a point, a pos/rot damper, foot placement, ...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    awesomedata likes this.
  2. Alex_StudioDrydock

Alex_StudioDrydock

Hi, is there a way to create the TransformStreamHandles for a rig that has "Optimize Game Objects" enabled on import?

littlepolygon and fherbst like this.
  3. littlepolygon

littlepolygon

I'm also working on collision integration with Animator/PlayableGraph (sample gif). I started a new thread, but then was pointed at this thread from twitter. TL;DR Both Physics.Raycast and RaycastCommand.ScheduleBatch are main-thread-only, which is a blocker on doing a terrain-fixup-ik-playable. Any word from internal devs on whether this kind of support is in the pipeline?

4. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Unity Technologies

Hi @littlepolygon

Unfortunatelly no, not in the current tech. The only ways to do that right now is to wait until LateUpdate, do your raycast and solve your IK from the main thread.

We did try to improve the integration with physics in the current tech but we couldn't do it because the system was not design for multithreading and we can't change it without breaking all the current user projects.

But for dots we want to support raycast from our animation graph which is multithreaded.