Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Animation Blend out (back to gameplay) from animation with "Clip Transform Offset"

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Sangemdoko, Jul 18, 2023.

1. Sangemdoko

Sangemdoko

Hi,

I'm making a cinematic that I want to blend to gameplay when finished for a seemless transition.

The issue I'm having is that the timeline used multiple animations (some with root motion) and the character ends up somewhere other then where it started.

The last animation uses a Clip Transform Offset:
    upload_2023-7-18_16-45-20.png

I'm blending my animation back to the character animator controller at the end:
    upload_2023-7-18_16-46-45.png

So the result is that the character not only blends the animation but also it's position, making the character slide all the way back to the start point of the cinematic, even though the animation clip "post-Extrapolate" is set to hold.

So my question is, is there any option to keep the Offset from the previous clip when blending back to the gameplay animation?

So far I've been limited to avoiding blending back to gameplay because of that.

I am willing to make a custom Animator track/clip if necessary, the issue I found is that most of the functions are internal or private making them impractical for me to override.

A work around I've tried that kind of works but isn't great is using a custom track that blends between two positions. By aligning the animation blending with this position blending I can get the character to stay in place, but it's not pefect, it jitters a little bit. And it's not very convinient to manually set those up each time I make a new cutscene.

TL;DR: I have a cinematic that animates the player from point A to B using root motion, and I want to blend the animation in/out of gameplay keeping the character root position.
    Essentially blending everything except the root.

If there is a solutin for this I'm all ears