Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation blend issues (Generic, Humanoid, Masks)

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by kasulogamestudio, Feb 26, 2015.

1. kasulogamestudio

kasulogamestudio

Hello everyone,

Please, anyone else having problems with Animation blend per layers with Generic or Humanoid animations?
    We tried every way to make this work and it just doesnt (yes, we know how to do it, we did in the past many, many times). I wonder if this is a bug...
    Simple animation system:
    - Character has idle and walk at same layer (1)
    - Character has a new animation (let's say a reload) only with Avatar Mask for arms, head and chest, on layer 2
    - It does not work even with magic =P

Anyone can help us? Thanks

EDIT: our first animation layer is always with "weight" 1... I dont recall if this is default or a problem, I thought it was zero.

2. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

It works for me.. do your reload animations look right in the inspector? Is your layer set to additive or override?
    Has your second layer a weight of 1, too? (it should so)

3. kasulogamestudio

kasulogamestudio

Hello Carpe,
    It is set to override, but we tried both.
    Our second layer is 1, but we tried 0, 1... same problem.

I am really punching me on the face because it is a damn simple stupid thing to do, LOL... but it just does not work.

EDIT: we are also wondering if it is a avatar mask issue...

4. kasulogamestudio

kasulogamestudio

Ok, we solved this.
    The problem was entirely in Avatar Mask. We selected the body parts what we want and what we don't want. But for testing, we then later selected the Transform, on "Use skeleton from". This totally replaces the selection of the Humanoid options set before and we did not know this (in Editor, there is no place where tell us this, only in Manual). So, we got confused about this not working. It works for Generic or Humanoid characters / animations.