Search Unity

Animation/Animator Problems

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Yearl, Jul 2, 2015.

1. tonycoculuzzi

tonycoculuzzi

Are these fixes going to be included in 5.2.1?

2. Joshdbb

Joshdbb

Is the patch to fix this available yet? This bug is stopping me from making any progress.

3. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Patch 5.2.0p1
    Released: 18 September 2015
    • (708088) - Animation: Fixed an issue whereby animation window was still recording when scene was saved.

So yes it should be fixed and the patch release is available.
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases

If they are in 5.2.0p1 they will be in the next full release 5.2.1 too

karl_jones likes this.
  4. Joshdbb

Joshdbb

I seem to still be getting the problem in the patched version.

EDIT
    Although not as often. It has only happened to me once since updating where it was happening constantly before. Restarting Unity fixed it this time when it happened.

EDIT
    It seems to mess up sometime when I paste an object as a child of the object with the animator.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  5. tonycoculuzzi

tonycoculuzzi

Yep, seems fixed! Thanks a bunch!

karl_jones likes this.
  6. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Please log another bug if you still get the same bug but with different repro, it may not be related

7. Its3darchitecturals

Its3darchitecturals

I only create animations with with the Animation
    Thanks, :)

Discover more architectural and interior design inspirations on

The Cheesy Animation Factory - 3D Architectural Rendering

8. Korindian

Korindian

I'm on 5.2.2p2 and having the same problem with changes to objects being recorded even when the animation record button is off. I get the following in the console:
    "AnimationModeSnapshot.AddPropertyModification may only be called in animation mode"

I have to restart Unity to fix it.

I'm also having issues where keyframes in the curves window show different values than what is in the inspector and what is displayed in the properties area of the animation window. This is when editing rotations.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  9. Denscrivent

Denscrivent

The only reason of that error is because you save the project when the animation recording mode is on. relaunching the Unity will remove the error.

10. CindyJames

CindyJames

My animation window completely senseless. Everytime i want to make an animation on humanoid he croches in a muscle setup pose. Then when trying to change rotation on joints, saving of key values sometimes work, sometimes dont. Then it randomly rotates to a pose that I didnt even it. I suspected maybe it was the muscle setup causing the joints to snap based on rotation going beyond the muscle contraints so i changed all the muscles to have full flexability on the prefab. Still behaves the same... how am i to work like this when something so essential just refuses to work. Its too dissapointing this behavior going on for so long... im going to bed now my brains are officially fried trying to work around this the whole day. :(

11. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

There is no way to keyframe a humanoid in Unity right now, the only way to generate a humanoid clip is to import an animation with the model importer.

12. KenjiJU

KenjiJU

I wasn't aware of this so I tried making one with blendshapes earlier and it seems to have broken all my other animations. Is there any way to get the behavior out of my project? Every reimport is broken.

13. Trumped

Trumped

I was recently having a problem like this where the animation panels keyframes where yellow and said missing the animations where still working but I couldn't edit or record keyframes, I fixed then problem by attaching the animator to the model, I had it orginally attached to the models parent so I could just use get component to use it, once I switched this my problems where fixed.