Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Animating emission scale with Mecanim

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Vibs_appit, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Vibs_appit

Vibs_appit

Hi guys,

I was just playing around with RC2 realtime emission and trying to animate the emission scale of the texture with mecanim, but it just doesn't respond to the values. I mean i can see the values change in editor, but there was no change in visuals. Is it even possible or am I doing something wrong?

2. elbows

elbows

My initial suspicion would be that its because of the issue that Emission scale is only a UI script thing, the shader itself relies on the emission color only. So you need to manipulate the color instead to see a result.

See the latter portion of the following forum thread for more info:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/dynamic-emission-in-real-time-gi.293569/

3. Vibs_appit

Vibs_appit

@elbows Thanks for pointing that out. I did look at that thread about a month ago, but had forgotten all about it. I think we just need to work around the problem as of now.

4. Tinovdk

Tinovdk

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm trying to animate the Emission intensity of the Standard shader. I have tried to animate both the exposed float as well as animating the RGB values of the Emission. Neither give me a message that this is not supported although the animation window lets me place keys without a problem. Is this something that will be looked at in the near future?