Search Unity

Animated Scene from Blender to Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by HuntyP, Mar 13, 2014.

1. HuntyP

HuntyP

Hi all,

I'm having major issues with a scene I made in Blender. Basically it's a side scrolling game and I'm just making the background for it. It features some moving conveyer belts I made with bezier curves. I also textured it.

The issue I'm having is bringing it into unity. I brought in the .fbx file but in unity some of the textures don't show up, and after putting an animator controller on the objects, the bezier curve animtion seems to mess up. Am I doing something obviously wrong here? I've looked up many tutorials on importing character animations to unity but can't find many that deal with a scene.

Thanks

2. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

Unity and blender are two completely different software programs , you cant just assume everything you do in the one program automatically works in the other.

For textures Unity supports importing UV mapped models and you need to import the textures manually as well. Any fancy procedural texturing done in Blender will not import.

Unity will not import a bezier curve either. Well I dont actually know if the bezier curves are converted to a mesh when the fbx is compiled/imported , I've never tested this but the point been Unity does not have its own bezier curve implementation in the Editor.

For animation Unity supports armature deformations and most recently vertex deformations and each within its limits. that is it , so no Action/IPO only driven animation etc..