Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Animated Particle Emission lose their properties 5.4 b23

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Leaflux, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Leaflux

Leaflux

Hi! I updated to Unity 5.4b23 today (from 5.3.4f1), and I ran into a problem that deeply affects our project. I’m wondering if this is a known issue?

Our game is in developement for 2 years now, we are using hundreds of legacy animations for almost everything. Most of this animations are also turning audio sources, lights, particle system emissions etc. on/off.

Since b23, our particle systems which are being turned on by animations seem to lose most of their properties.

These particle systems have the exact same properties:

particle_emission_legacy_animation.jpg

The left one’s emission is turned on by default.

The right one’s emission is turned on by a legacy animation.

If I turn off the animation, and turn on the emission manually, the two systems look identical!

Attached Files:

asdiloli likes this.
  2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hey.
    We had a bug report regarding animation bindings being lost during 5.3. We discovered that it was due to internal changes that caused auto mapping of animations to fail for certain modules. We have now added manual mappings for all properties, so it sounds like maybe something has gone wrong there. Could you submit a bug with this example so I can take a look?

3. Leaflux

Leaflux

I managed to recreate the problem in a brand new project, i attached a zip to my post, you can check it out! It works fine with animators, the bug only occures if I use an animation component with legacy animations. I attach the zip again just to be sure.

Attached Files:

karl_jones likes this.
  4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Thanks, I will take a look.

richardkettlewell likes this.
  5. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hey found the problem.
    We were resetting the random number generators each time the animation was applied.
    We will get a fix out shortly.
    Thanks for the bug report!

6. Leaflux

Leaflux

Thanks for the quick response, I am looking forward to the fix.