Search Unity

Animated Mesh for mobil

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ChristophMu, Jun 28, 2019.

1. ChristophMu

ChristophMu

Hello,
    I want to display an animated a floating ball of water, on a mobil device like iOS without the alembic format.
    I am in a group an we try to make a app for a University project. For this project I created a ball of water that should look like it was floating in zero-g. I created and animated it using blender and import it with the alembic format. But then we notice the alembic format isn't supported on mobil, or at least not in the mobil apps build with unity. I've read a lot about the alternatives like exporting every frame and switch between them on runtime. But their are some problems with that approach:
    - first I'm a little bit stuck and can't think of the best way to achieve this, could somebody please nodge me in the right direction ?
    - second the animation is 240 frames long, I could boil it down to something less, but I ask myself all the time if their is no other method to get something similar to the alembic file, which could be used on mobil.

Best regards,
    chris

2. polyflow3d

polyflow3d

3. mgear

mgear

if you can somehow bake the animation into 2D depth/displacement/offset images,
    you could have vertex shader to animate vertices using that 240 frame video texture..