Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

animated fps weapons

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mister-D, May 28, 2015.

1. Mister-D

Mister-D

working on it

siblingrivalry likes this.
  2. OZAV

OZAV

Mister-D likes this.
  3. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

I will attach a file for adding bullet hole or any decal to a skinned mesh for free. We use it bullet holes only right now but should work on anything. Give me 2 days then Ill be back home for a few and will upload then.

hopeful and Mister-D like this.
  4. Mister-D

Mister-D

really? awesome man!

5. LazyPoet91

LazyPoet91

There is another "game" on google play using your weapons. However it's bad, no it's horrible. I searched for your asset pack in the hope to find another Android game using it. Shame that Virus Infection 3 is not gonna be updated soon...

Edit: Its called Real Trigger FPS Hunting

Mister-D likes this.
  6. Mister-D

Mister-D

yes , i would like to see some other games using the pack.....:rolleyes:
    ive added a download link of a build of the current demoscene for everyone to try out. its in the first post of this thread

LazyPoet91 likes this.
  7. LazyPoet91

LazyPoet91

A suggestion for the ballistic shield: Could you do it like in Rainbow Six Siege? It's very smooth in that game.

8. ikojp

ikojp

I would also like to see the shield a little bit taller, so that it covers more from the body. I am currently making a mutliplayer fps with your weapon pack and the shield is a little bit too small to be effective.

9. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

You can use quickedit to make then shield a bit bigger, by procore

Mister-D likes this.
  10. Mister-D

Mister-D

i get your points about the shield. ill adjust it in an update. but it wont be soon as im short on time and want to update some other packs first.

11. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

Just a quick question: I have both your fps weapons and sniper animated assets, and after the last update I'm hoping/assuming both fps controllers are using the same scripts for movement and damage etc...how do I call damage to my sniper? The enemy bullet makes an "apply damage" call, but it doesn't register, so what call specifically will do damage and register with the ui and trigger the camera damage effect etc.
    Cheers.

12. Mister-D

Mister-D

hi,
    yes the setup is the same
    damage is called from the "raycastfire" script the message should be "Damage", its the same to hurt the player

13. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

Thanks for the quick reply. I now have my sniper making the grunt sound when he is hit, but it's still not being reflected in the health level in the ui, nor am I getting the damage effect - my sniper damage script is on the 'playercontroller'; any suggestions? Here is the line on the bullet: hit.collider.SendMessage(Damage,damage,SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver); which seems ok to me, yet only a grunt when hit.
    Cheers.

14. Mister-D

Mister-D

ah, my mistake the function also requires a float
    try something like this
    Code (CSharp):
    1. hit.transform.SendMessageUpwards ("Damage",50f, SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);

15. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, I'm gonna try to make a weapon skin system and i'm wondering if you had a blank albedo texture of the weapons I can use or photoshop template. Not to worry if you dont wanna release the sources i fully understand, but i'd thought I'd ask anyway.

Cheers Jimbob

edit! Not to worry I used procore and uv editor to get the outline of each weapon :D cheers anyway man

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  16. Mister-D

Mister-D

hi
    its all substance painter files wich are really huge. good u fixed it ;)

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  17. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Ooo, substance... that would be nice to have a link to download the substances. Unity can use Substance files.

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  18. Mister-D

Mister-D

substance yes
    substance painter files not

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  19. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Amazing work on the new Ghoul man! Any word if Tripod will get updated? I will gladly pay if you release as a new asset :D :D :D

20. Mister-D

Mister-D

ah did u buy it? glad u like it.
    well, the plan is to slowly update my free packages to payed ones. im almost finished with "overlord" asset.

99thmonkey and llJIMBOBll like this.
  21. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

22. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

That's fun

23. Mister-D

Mister-D

haha thats tacticool!

24. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

Another quick question Mr D: I downloaded your free test scene for the previous version of this asset (great scene btw), but something odd happened when I placed my fps controller - the whole GUI was pushed over to the right of screen for some reason - even the damage plane is off, let alone the reticle; any idea why this would happen? I dropped the controller into a new empty scene, and all was well. I fixed it by dragging everything over until it was centre again, but not an ideal situation, obviously - any ideas? (I had to place the reticle at -85.5 on the x axis to centre it again). Thanks.

Cheers.

25. Mister-D

Mister-D

this happens if the root object of the GUI is not at zero axis. place the fps controller root at absolute zero axis so x 0 y0 z0 and also zero rotation

26. unicat

unicat

Wonderfull asset, having a little problem with the Player Controller skript. I changed the jump sound and it is always playing twice. After going back to the old jump sound i hear it is playing two times too. How can i fix this ?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  27. Mister-D

Mister-D

strange, is the audio source set to loop?
    (edit)
    doesnt matter if it is set to loop it should only play once as i used "playoneshot"
    the jump sound section in the sript starts at line 382 , try adding a" if (!myAudioSource2.isPlaying)" before the call.

28. unicat

unicat

Tried it, plays always twice. But only if i walking or running, not on a stand jump. Curious :)

29. Mister-D

Mister-D

sorry but i have no idea whats causing it, works fine in my scene, and my scripting skills are not so good to see a possible error.

30. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Today i thought of something that can be added to this great package to make it even better and that is some Melee Fist Fight animations.

Maybe you could add in an update or as an add-on.

31. Mister-D

Mister-D

hi @b4c5p4c3
    good idea
    id prefer as an addon as the package is really large to adjust and resubmit.
    im only planning to update the current pack if there are script errors due to unity version upgrade or if i have better scripting knowledge and can improve the coding.
    im currently working on update for ww2 weapons, and allready have some other models i would like to submit, but after that ill make that addon.

b4c5p4c3 and OZAV like this.
  32. OZAV

OZAV

That's something to do with the scene, eg. you may have some elements of your Player (or complete Player) duplicated...i would first check my Player, in a brand new, clean scene...than, i would check his prefab, fully expanded, in that new scene...Also, on the days when everything works ok, make always one backup prefab of your Player, and call it Player_SAFE, for the cases (days) like this. :) You can also (if you have) put in that scene: an older version of your Player, and try that way...etc... So,
    NEVER use only one version of your most important prefabs, or PROJECT...(have them backed up constantly)...and ...Make at least 2 copies of entire project, (as read only), every week, at least,
    and that - on 2 different disks, that are NOT in your computer, or connected to it...
    This right now will be happening to you ALL the time. (it's how game design works) :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  33. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

It's nice to hear that. Right now i'm scratching my head because i'm using your models for a demo and as none of the weapons have a melee attack i don't know what animation (or anything) to put in the case the player need to fight in melee range while reloading the weapon.

34. Mister-D

Mister-D

ive made fist melee animations(check zip file)
    merry christmas to all

Attached Files:

Hikiko66 likes this.
  35. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

WOW. The best christmas present i could ask for.

Mister-D likes this.
  36. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

hope you add to the normal update

37. Mister-D

Mister-D

your welcome! would love to see the demo your working on when its done ;)
    yes i will

38. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Today i had a moment of inspiration and after struggling with this issue like forever i finally was able to get the model to animate in 3rd person.

TooManySugar, 99thmonkey and Mister-D like this.
  39. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Hi there.

I'm seriously impresed by this asset.

Some question. WHat you need to make this work a 3d character or the hands?

Or in other workds, with just a complete 3D character is enough or you need hands and 3d character?

How much incompatible is this with unity 4.7.2? I've a fully working project in 4.7 and the upgrade would be a deadly pain. plus I would lose lightamps etc so 5.x is not an option for me.

The only anim I dislike is the rpg one, the load function should be more like:

Do you use physics bullets? raycast? particles?

40. Mister-D

Mister-D

hi there

the package uses a seperate model for the arms(legacy anims) and character.
    i have not tested it with unity4 , scripts will obviuosly not work but the fbx files should import fine. so it wont work out of the box but the art assets will do fine. i also think u will need to lighten the color maps as unity4 is not pbr, u can do this by adding a bit of the specular map to the diffuse in photoshop(or gimp, ...)

u want the rpg reload to be less fast? thats doable. im planning a small update for the pack this month so ill adjust the rpg anim a bit ;)

i use a raycast

41. drewradley

drewradley

This is an awesome kit! Don't know how I missed it for the past year or so since I have been looking for a kit like this. I would like to see a few more generic animations in there like climbing a ladder/rope, pushing buttons, opening a door, running, etc. Sent you an email to that effect as well - but figure here maybe others will have suggestions of additional animations. But even without these, this kit is simply awesome!

Thanks for making this kit!

Mister-D likes this.
  42. Mister-D

Mister-D

hi
    i replied to your mail
    im going to add those "generic" animations in the next update(climbing, button push,etc...)

drewradley likes this.
  43. drewradley

drewradley

That's awesome! Thanks! I figured a bare arms version would be too much work (from email) but there was always a chance you had them already.

44. magique

magique

This a truly fantastic pack. Great work.

45. magique

magique

The asset store says demo scene included. Is that the scene that is shown in the video?

46. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx

yes video is from demoscene

magique likes this.
  47. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Hey Mister-D, what about the issue with the mouse speed in the playable demo? I tried again in after reboot and mouse look is exxxxtremelly slow.

48. Mister-D

Mister-D

ah
    maybe my mouse is too sensitive. :D
    u can easily change mouse speed in the package thru the script

49. Mister-D

Mister-D

fpsw 3.1
    small fixes
    some sound improvements
    added longer rpg reload
    improved weapon normal maps
    added melee fists as extra weapon for ranged weapons.

QuadMan likes this.
  50. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Yay! improved rpg load!. Dude but the hand shouldn´t be in the other side? it looks a bit ankward. I man the face palm should face.... your face and the outer side of the hand to the outshide... may be I'm wrong but felt a bit ankward. Still much better!