Search Unity

animated fps weapons

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mister-D, May 28, 2015.

1. Mister-D

Mister-D

he adjusted the controller thatis included i think
    heres a wip screen of your flashlight

flashlightpreview.jpg
    so the 2.7 update will include:
    3 new weapons (akimbo pistols, molotov, flashlight)
    optimized scripts, and weapon pickup( tnx to @menfou )
    i will also remove the current demoscene from the project and submit for free download to asset store, because the demo environment takes about 400mb and is making the pack unnecessary largeto download
    ill make a simple new demoscene with probuilder wich will have just the basics like a door a ladder and some breakable props, and offcourse that bug enemy model to shoot at

99thmonkey and b4c5p4c3 like this.
  2. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Just WOW, Love it. Finally we can knock some heads with a flashlight lol.

3. _OK_

_OK_

this pack is amazing - before i start messing with the animations is there a good way to modify the mesh of the character for every animation ?

4. _OK_

_OK_

by modify i mean change to a new mesh

5. Mister-D

Mister-D

hi @_OK_
    to change the player mesh u will need a character with a humanoid rig and apply the animator from the current one

6. _OK_

_OK_

great thank for the fast reply

7. Mister-D

Mister-D

please note that changing the arms mesh wont be so easy as they use the legacy animation system. i have not found a good way to do this yet

8. _OK_

_OK_

no kidding :) what is the best way to change the hands?

9. Mister-D

Mister-D

the only way i can think of is making the arms mesh a generic avatar and make sure your new mesh has the same bone structure, however the demoscenes scripts wont work with an animator controller out of the box so u will need to do adjustments. when i started this pack it was not my intention to make the arms interchangeable with other arms, it would require a completely different workflow and setup like it is now. sorry

10. _OK_

_OK_

thats ok thanks for the tips :)

11. Mister-D

Mister-D

almost ready with the update :
    -ive improved camera and gun motion scripts, added reload function by button press, weapon and ammo pickup
    -3 new weapons plus some character animations like swimming but i did not script swimming yet ;)
    also; i would love to see some screenshots or videos of the games u r creating with my models, so dont hesitate to post your work

12. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

This is a really nice pack, i didn't like the legacy animation setup but i converted it all over to generic mecanim with no bother at all so couldn't be happier with it, fits really well with my game and my own controller. its good to hear your still adding to the pack as well. would love to see more hand options if you converted it to generic you could easily make arm packs to sell separately. but anyway thanks for the great work, ill post my game when its worth showing. keep up the good work my friend :)

Mister-D likes this.
  13. Mister-D

Mister-D

sorry for the delay, updating the scripts and weapons is taking more time than i thought
    ive also create a new smg cause i got bored at coding
    fps3.jpg smg3.jpg

MikeCoderMore likes this.
  14. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

lol, Looks wicked!

15. Mister-D

Mister-D

haha yes
    tnx for the review man, ill look into switching to generic arms but it wont be for next update

16. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

That will be awesome, theres no rush though all in your time, just pointing out what would make it better for me, in the game I'm making now the theme is army like so the arms we have now are not a match but there are probably close enough to get away with. love how good the animations are :) proper good detail.

Mister-D likes this.
  17. Mister-D

Mister-D

update ready
    video:

Gametyme likes this.
  18. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

looks like we got some new toys to play with :) Looks really good man! loving the double pistols and glass bottles.

Mister-D likes this.
  19. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

That flashlight looks wicked i will be making good use of that

20. Mister-D

Mister-D

the update is live

21. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

She's downloading now :)

22. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

And, what all was added? I'd like to know before just updating. I have all my weapons set up perfectly in UFPS.

23. Mister-D

Mister-D

added =
    flashlight
    dual pistols
    smg3
    molotov cocktail

99thmonkey likes this.
  24. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Do you mind to explain how did you integrate this asset with UFPS???? I'm trying but it's not looking good.

25. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

I used the editor inventory that I created located here. Made it easy to keep everything together so I could set up faster. You will also see a file that buckeyestudio created called RedHawk_FPSWeapons_PreInstall which contains settings for this package (I haven't looked at it).
    https://github.com/redhwk/UFPSEditorInventory

From there, I used the settings for each weapon that Bumstrum includes. For instance if the Pistol has Normalposition of 0.15, -0.24, 0.22, the Aimposition of 0, -0.185, 0.18 then I plugged the Normalposition information into the Position Springs Offset and I copied the WeaponPistolZoom state as a new name and changed the PositionOffset to the Aimposition. All the other things (like sounds, animations, and so on) I just plugged in what was included by Bumstrum.

For all the scopes, I did what Bumstrum did. For all the projectiles, I created my new projectiles using mostly UFPS included stuff. I had to create my own script for the chainsaw and flamethrower but that was a fun challenge.

zeb33 likes this.
  26. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

hi Mister D i noticed in the new update you have added an extra animation for the thumper, so we have an animation for loading one round or two, would you be able to do this with the revolver? so we had 6 extra animations one for every possibility, they look so much better with animations.

27. Mister-D

Mister-D

ah someone noticed :) i did this for all special weapons based on ammo count. ill add your suggestion to the update. ive also looked into switching the arms mesh but i dont have good results, so this wont be added in the near future unless i find a good working solution offcourse.

28. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

Yer i noticed that, looks Awesome :)
    So how do you make the arms at the moment? how are you making the different textures i noticed the arms have different textures on, maybe just changing the material would be enough if we could do it to match our character, are you designing them especially just for the arms then remaking them again for the full body character and doing separate animations for both arms and full body?

29. Mister-D

Mister-D

i make the arms and bodys as different mesh and texture them seperatly to match each other in the best way possible(this due to different topology). i made some different arm sets allready(for example a bare skin arm) but im having issues with matching the rig with the current arm model. ideally i would have want a retarget function in unity for generic rigs. so i could just use the same naming convention and then match the rotations of the bones by unity.
    i could just make different textures but it wont look so good :(

30. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

Are you trying to match them with generic setup or legacy? I always assumed having the names the same would work, its a shame, i will have a play about myself when i get some time try find a way.

Mister-D likes this.
  31. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

Quick google search shows retargeting is only possible for humanoid models :( we live and learn.

32. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

We need to do something like this : Customizable Animated FPS Hands :)

Also if you see how they have set the bones out it would work with any humanoid so the way round it would be to use humanoid arms and use your full body animations.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  33. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

34. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

I think this would be the best way, having a humanoid setup would allow us to use masks as well for throwing grenades and stuff rather then hideing the weapon, and the full body could use the same controller. Sounds all round better :)

35. Mister-D

Mister-D

ill look into it

36. Mister-D

Mister-D

i tried a couple of days to make the arms a humanoid rig but i cannot get it to work without animating every weapon again(frustrating), and this is something i wont do, sorry. i will add 2 more weapons to get a round total of 30: a bow and a shield(as @b4c5p4c3 suggested). the other updates will be for script optimising and not for extra weapons. im tired of making weapons and want to make something different, maybe environments but w'll see

llJIMBOBll and 99thmonkey like this.
  37. MikeCoderMore

MikeCoderMore

Ok If anyone needs it they should be able to get it done from the full body animations anyway, just mask out everything but the arms and it should work.

If your environments are anything like your weapons I'll definitely be checking them out :) good luck man

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Mister-D likes this.
  38. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

I noticed alot of the weapon scripts have a lot in common what about making a base class for all the weapons to
    inherited from

39. Mister-D

Mister-D

hi dustin
    im not good at coding, i have no idea on how to do that.
    im also away for a month so the updates on my packs will be delayed a bit.(but not cancelled ;) )

40. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Finally found the forum :D Wanna say THANK YOU so much for this Weapons pack, you've totally blown me away from all the new updates you've added. I love your style of artwork. Also thank you for the Free models too they've helped alot, and are amazing models too. Tripod is my favourite.

Thank You SIr! :D

41. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx man, i appreciate it :)

42. theappmedia

theappmedia

Hi,

Any one have mobile control of this package ? I need mobile controls to make mobile game.

43. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

no but should be fairly simple just find were the keys are used and recreate it with a button. If you start to make it and need help let me know and ill help but try it first and see what you can come up with

theappmedia and Mister-D like this.
  44. QuadMan

QuadMan

45. theappmedia

theappmedia

Thanks for quick response. We are almost done with configuration but the problem is when i press zoom , fire do not work. (i am unable to shoot on zoom mode) i think the EActionEvent.Press is not working properly but don't know how to fix it.

Can you please give me a hint.

46. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

So i started making this multiplayer I do have a couple of problems to fix like the ladder not working and grenade dose no damage. This is no were near finished just thought I would share.
    To start on the login screen just type a user name, no password needed yet and no data saves yet
    Link Here buckeyestudios.com/uploads/files/DeathZone.zip

theappmedia and Mister-D like this.
  47. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

48. theappmedia

theappmedia

Why not you make make multiplayer for mobile using google play game services ? Which is compatible for both Android and iOS.

People love to play multiplayer games on mobiles devices these days.

49. QuadMan

QuadMan

Cool with using MFP, really cool.
    You can make this to mobile game, people love it like @theappmedia said.
    I recommend to make this on mobile, many people will download it.
    But the problem is optimizing..

50. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Mobile would be great, but good luck making any money whatsover. It's nearly impossible to make any money on mobile. Everyone wants to play free games and don't care if there is a cost associated with creating or providing those free games. I haven't figured out a way to make any money on mobile games at all.