Search Unity

Unity UI Animated cursor

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by DStopka0, Sep 28, 2017.

?

How to make animable unity cursor

1. WT

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. OK

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. DStopka0

DStopka0

Hello, is it possible to set a sprite with animation as unity game cursor? I really need this please.

2. Fydar

Fydar

I too have been looking for something like this in a cursor system that I have been working on.

I think I can just change the cursor texture every so often, but this feels wrong for multiple reasons.

1. I have to store each frame of the animation as it's own texture which means no texture packing. Not too bad if it's only a 4 frame animation.
    2. It would be nice to set the cursor in the background whilst a scene is loading and if there is a lag spike whilst the scene is loading the animation will stutter.

If anyone has any options or suggestions I guess post them and we can further the discussion for animated cursors in Unity.

3. MaxLohMusic

MaxLohMusic

Bump... there is only 1 tutorial of this on the entire internet. It uses the method described above where it just packs all your frames into an array and has explicit logic to loop through them. I thought there would be some built-in functionality where you can use some animated sprites or something.