Search Unity

Animated character not transiting when in locomotion

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by olumide, May 30, 2015.

1. olumide

olumide

Unity detects zero speed and angular speed in the root motion of the animated character imported from asset store. As such, the animation locomotion is not transiting-walk/run in just a position.
    How can I resolve this.

olu

2. Jakob_Unity

Jakob_Unity

3. olumide

olumide

Thanks for your response. But , it appears something is fundamentally wrong with the import setting of the animation I used. I have gone through the document, the part mentioned in the document-"Click on the file containing the animation,then click on animation tab, then click motion and set the root motion". The motion field is not in my setting.
    Below are the screen shots.

Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 10.16.40 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 10.17.49 AM.png

4. olumide

olumide

Thanks for your response. But , it appears something is fundamentally wrong with the import setting of the animation I used. I have gone through the document, the part mentioned in the document-"Click on the file containing the animation,then click on animation tab, then click motion and set the root motion". The motion field is not in my setting.
    Below are the screen shots.

5. Jakob_Unity

Jakob_Unity

Ok - let's backtrack a bit - is the animation Rig import settings set for 'Humanoid' and is the avatar set up correctly ?
    see http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AvatarCreationandSetup.html
    - also please check that the animations were in fact authored to support root motion. If this doesn't help i suggest you ask around in the animation forum.