Search Unity

Animated Blender model with multiple objects

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ScriptGeek, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ScriptGeek

ScriptGeek

Hello,

I've been working with Unity for a while and it is awesome. So is Blender, but it seems that Unity and Blender sometimes have disagreements with each other. :(

I have a character model with 3 objects, which is composed of a body and 2 eyes. In Blender the objects are parented to an armature, but in Unity the armature is parented to the model while the 3 objects are also parented to the model. The model looks fine within Blender, but in Unity the model's eyelid positions are way down at the base of the body...

I must be doing something silly that Unity doesn't like, but I don't know what it is. How should I proceed with Blender's modeling hierarchy so that Unity is happy? I'd greatly appreciate any help/advice anyone can spare.

Here is the Unity package I'm working with and it contains the Blender model: View attachment $help.unitypackage

I'm using Unity 3.4.2f3 and Blender 2.62

2. ScriptGeek

ScriptGeek

It appears that when multiple objects are used within Blender and parented to each other, Unity does not follow the relations of the transformations... So it seems that I'll just have to combine objects and hope for the best with future revisions to the model.

EDIT: It appears that Blender model parent/child relationships are respected by Unity if the parent/child relationship is an Object and an Armature, rather than an Object and another Object. I'm still a bit confused about why Unity doesn't recognize the appropriate transforms of parented objects, I imagine at some enlightening point in the agonizing future I'll figure it out.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  3. the_djul

the_djul