Search Unity

Animate Rocketbox Avatar Faces

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ChristopherGoe, Mar 26, 2021.

1. ChristopherGoe

ChristopherGoe

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working with the Rocketbox Avatars (https://github.com/microsoft/Microsoft-Rocketbox) and wanted to work on face animations, or more in general just changing the facial expressions of the avatars. However, those avatars do not have any blendshapes and it is stated in their paper that they use facial animations to change facial expressions, however I could not find any facial animations in any of their repositories.

Has anyone of you ever worked with the face animations for the Rocketbox Avatars and could share some insights? Especially on how to change facial expressions?

Felix_K likes this.
  2. emreoktay

emreoktay

Hey Christopher, if you found the answer to this question somehow, could you share it? I am stuck with the same problem at the moment. Thanks!

Felix_K likes this.
  3. ChristopherGoe

ChristopherGoe

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately current Rocketbox Avatars dont have blendshapes.They are planned but I dont know when they will be released officially.
    For now, atleast thats what I did in my project, is manipulate the gameobject that reflect the facial bones.