Search Unity

Animate physics with a human rig

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Chio98, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Chio98

Chio98

I have a problem.
    I have an animated character and I want that the animations apply friction on external objects. In order to do so I read that I have to check "Animate Physics" in the animator controller. But in addition to that every part of the animated object must have a kinematic rigidbody.
    So... where I should put this rigidbodies? The rig has a hierarchy like this: rig->root->DEF-spine, torso...
    and it's the one I exported from Blender and created with the rigify add-on.
    Should i put the rigidbodies on specific parts of this hierarchy? On bones? I don't want the animations act physically, I only want that they apply friction on external objects.
    Guys can you help me please?

2. Sab_Rango

Sab_Rango

Hi!
    You add rigidbody this way:

Say ,there is a head that can be rotatable in a animation. So an object rotates in the animation individually it need a rigidbody+collider(s).

In this case, you add a rigidbody+ collider(s) to the head child object in your rig parent.

And every rotatable object must have a rigidbody+proper volume collider(s).

Chio98 likes this.
  3. Chio98

Chio98

THANK YOU!!!!! I solved the problem. I applied a rigidbody to every bone with a collider of my animated character. The important thing to do was to set the interpolation of the rigidbodies to None. With Interpolate or Extrapolate I had a strange behaviour.

Sab_Rango likes this.