Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Animate only one Property (axis, animate panel)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by resetme, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resetme

resetme

Hi there!

How can i animate only one axis/property using the animation windows in unity?

I have made an animation in Y. axis (moved it from 0 to 100 with easy in and out). but i can not delete X and Z axis, they keep the first keyframe, that make my animation not reusable moving any other gameObject to the X and Z axis.

So.. i duplicated x18 times the same animation to change the initial X and Z values. It works, but i dont like it at all. Would be easy using the same animation only with the Y axis.

Its that possible?

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. LordForlorn

LordForlorn

still no replies......:(

3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Please don't necro-post. If you have a new question, make a new post. It's FREE!!

The answer to isolating almost ANY property in ANY system is to break it apart from the other properties.

In this case you can restructure your hierarchy to have a child object that you can animate ONLY the property you want.

This is basic Animation 101, the foundation of ALL animation.

OTHERWISE...

How to report your problem productively in the Unity3D forums:

http://plbm.com/?p=220

This is the bare minimum of information to report:

- what you want
    - what you tried
    - what you expected to happen
    - what actually happened, log output, variable values, and especially any errors you see
    - links to documentation you used to cross-check your work (CRITICAL!!!)

The purpose of YOU providing links is to make our job easier, while simultaneously showing us that you actually put effort into the process. If you haven't put effort into finding the documentation, why should we bother putting effort into replying?

If you post a code snippet, ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS:

How to use code tags: https://forum.unity.com/threads/using-code-tags-properly.143875/

- Do not TALK about code without posting it.
    - Do NOT post unformatted code.
    - Do NOT retype code. Use copy/paste properly using code tags.
    - Do NOT post screenshots of code.
    - Do NOT post photographs of code.
    - ONLY post the relevant code, and then refer to it in your discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.