Search Unity

Animate Light dont work in Build Version

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Matze_MP, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Matze_MP

Matze_MP

Hi,

i animated several lights in a scene, beside the performance lack i am investigating i was confronting with the issue that the lights dont animate when i hit build and run.

First i just recorded them into the timeline. I also tried to animate it via Clip etc. but when i build the Version. The Lights are either just on full intensity or stay dark when i set the parameter beside the animation to 0. The only way it works is when i use Acitivation Track to turn them on and off. But thats no solution because they dont blend they just brake hard into full intensity.

Is that a common issue or what did i wrong ?

thanks

I am using 2018.3.5f1

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. Matze_MP

Matze_MP

Ok, i think i found the mistake.

The Problem is when you hit recording in Timeline or Animation Window it animates the Script HD Additional Light Data Intensity.

But it seems that this script isnt updating in runtime so you have to choose manually the Light.Intensity Parameter and animate this Parameter. Also it is very confusing that you need other parameters in HD Light than in the normal Intensity. Attached you can find the same "Parameter" one is recorded the other is manually attached. If you stay in recorded mode and change the parameter both changes to this value.

upload_2019-2-26_13-37-18.png