Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Animate a 2d customizable character with sides up and down

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Spruenfi, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Spruenfi

Spruenfi

Hi there guys,
    first post..

I am a huge fan ans supporter of indie game dev since ever and finally had time to studie a lit bit more and I bougth some cool assets to try to do my very first complete game..

I had a lot of tutorials in the past year and a half, and I learnt how to animate 2d platformer and top down, blend trees and stuff, always from spreadshit.. But this customizable character I bougth has this player prefab with 3 child prefabs each for every side..like "Male Character Down", "..Up", ".. Side".. Every prefabs as a lot of child folders with the sprites from the customization.. And every of the 3 sides prefabs has it's own animator controller like "Male Character Down controller" and stuff.. with both upper and lower body.. the animations from the 3 sides can be visible only if i un-mute them from the inspector..

Now, I know hot to animate from a new animator witch can handle the animations in the projects.. But not this one eheh I cannot find the right documentation and I'm stucked.. I suppose I have to call it from code, asking if the direction is that one I need to run the rigth animation from the rigth animator, and set each side animators then with parameters conditions with the single animations normally.. But dunno the code to call an animator outside of the player script..

Can you help me?..

Attached Files: