Search Unity

Animate 3d models for Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by cruising, Nov 30, 2013.

1. cruising

cruising

So, i have a 3D model i want to animate for unity, walk,run,idle,attack and jump, walk and run is No 1 and easiest.
    I have been read that a single line animation to split is the best way? But i have no idea how to do that. I have tried to add 1 animation (walk) but it seams that i cant get it to work properly in Unity. I used Endorphin and Cinema 4d,

I have also been looking on YouTube for tutorials, there i have learned how to add bones and the walk animation. but i cant find any pure tut to actually make/create a player for Unity outside unity.

So any help from the beginning to a fully working player with my model would be very very helpfull! :)

2. Parallel_

Parallel_

I'm not familiar with Endorphin or c4d, but in 3dmax you just do all the different animations one after the other on the same timeline, in unity I import as legacy and get the option in import setting to split up the animations, by defining the various lengths of animation clips. Maybe it's similar in c4d?

3. cruising

cruising

I have only merged 1 animation in c4d when i dont know how to do "multi" animations in one single line.

Could you maybe make a tut on how you doing it in 3d max and then in Unity?

4. Parallel_

Parallel_

I'm sorry don't have time for making a tut. I think you need to google search, learn to refine your search words for what you exactly need, cause there's a lot of tutorials on making and importing animations from various programs and what setting unity likes.