Search Unity

Animals Full Pack By PROTOFACTOR, Inc // Updates are coming!!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Jul 25, 2017.

1. mons00n

mons00n

One option would be to provide a supplemental pack of textures / etc as a separate download. I save a ton of space by deleting all of the legacy textures included.

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Well, we want to provide people developing for older devices the option. Plugin in PBR textures in a legacy shader doesn't look great at all. Creating a separate pack is something we don't want to do either. Indeed that's something we did for the dwarves back in the days the max limit per package was less than 2Gb... there was more free download than actual purchase of the pack... people were just trying to have access to some of our files to either learn from them, reverse engineer, or unwrap there own geometry on top of it... there is,no way to create a free upgrade path... So the option is out of question unfortunately...

3. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

maybe one of the developers here already solved it:

I have right now a problem with the animations. I copied all the components from my old cow prefab to the new Cow1_PBR prefab.

Before there were the old single animations. For other beings I am using the newer animation Controllers, for the animals I developed scripts to use the old animations.

Now on the new prefab I only see an empty animation controller. Controller: None.

Is there a fast way to get the belonging animations (not Animation Controller, just like before) on the prefab again on the top level?

So I have the new prefab just like the old prefab?

Or do I now have to create a new Animation Controller for every single animal and Change it in my scripts to use Animation Controllers here too?

How did you Change your prefabs and scripts to use the new prefabs when you used the older before?

Thanks and have a nice Weekend!

4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

So sorry about that terrible delay to answer you. Please accept all our apologies.
    You just need to create your own animator controller per animal, then drag and drop the motion files ion there. Finally just drag and drop the controller onto the slot in the inspector. This is for the generic mode though.
    If you plan on using the legacy system, let us know. We'll be able to assist you with this.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

We've been busy supervising the creation of our brand new website and store. But we still had some resources working on the first animal from the African Animal Pack: crocodile. This is still a WIP so things might change slightly. Here is the early Sketchfab viewer to check it out:

Cheers!

6. hopeful

hopeful

Looks great! Would make a super companion for the werecroc. :)

7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks! Btw, is everything ok with your account now? Let us know if we can assist you in any way.

8. hopeful

hopeful

The account seems to be okay now, thanks! :)

9. Teila

Teila

Oh my! I used your crocodile in a swamp environment I made. Living in Florida, the things just scare me. My kids laughed when I nearly fell out of my chair when coming across one of these things while checking the swamp with a first person controller. I believe I made some horrifying noise as well.

This one looks even more real!

Again, I have to add....one issue we had with that fabulous crocodile, besides my phobia, was that there were no decent swimming animations. While it definitely was and is the best looking crocodile out there, when it walked in the water, it would just walk down on the bottom of the swamp. I hope this will be added. I know you will say later...LOL...so anticipating this but it really would make the creature more useful.

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hope you're ok with what happened in Florida. If you check out the Sketchfab viewer you'll notice the swim animation. Basically the croc has the legs along the body and gets the propulsion from the swaying tail

BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  11. Teila

Teila

We were extremely lucky. A series of track changes put the eye right over us, but fortunately, by then the eye walls had deteriorated. 20 miles to the west and we would have had major damage. Funny how that happens. Thanks for asking. :)

12. Teila

Teila

Oh, how did I miss that. I did not play the entire video. Very nice swim animation!

13. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad you're safe and without any structural damages to your home. Looks like after the sharknados it might become the hurrigators... crazy weather in the US
    oh ok, good then.

Teila likes this.
  14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

15. hopeful

hopeful

Yes, if the gators ever learn to sail on the wind we're in trouble. ;)

(Flying alligators is the first thing I thought of when I saw the swim animation. lol)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  16. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I still need to scrape up the cash to buy the were creatures pack! I've been drooling over them since they were originally creating that pack. I think my fave is still the weretoad! Can you imagine walking through a forest and having that jump out at you? lol

17. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Weretoad is my personal favorite as well. Encountering that thing in a swamp area can be pretty fun indeed. Getting smacked in the face by a big sticky tongue...

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey little heads up before the week end!
    We're working on an update that'll be released before the we start on the rhinoceros upgrade: LODs.
    Animals will have from 1 to 3 LODS. We're trying t o get the tris count down to 55% / 60% of the highest LOD.
    This update should be live around Wednesday.
    Enjoy your week end!
    Cheers! :)

mons00n, Firlefanz73 and hopeful like this.
  19. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there!
    All the currently upgraded animals have LODs now! People who purchased from PROTOFACTOR STORE can now download the updated ones (bear, boar, chicken, cow, deer, fox, goat, pig, rabbit, sheep, wolf).
    All individual models are now updated as well on the Asset Store.
    Farm Animals Pack is live on the Asset Store with the LODs update.(v2.51)
    Forest Animals pack should be live in a few minutes with the LODs update.(v2.65)
    Animals Full Pack is currently being processed and should be live in a few hours with the LODs update (v2.125)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Next in the pipe: Rhinoceros!

hopeful, Firlefanz73 and mons00n like this.
  20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there!
    Rhinoceros is now fully textured, rigged and skinned. It's currently in animation state. here is the early sketchfab viewer to check it out:

Model should be on the shelves by Friday.

BackwoodsGaming and hopeful like this.
  21. hopeful

hopeful

Excellent! :)

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks! :)

23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Rhinoceros' animation set is now complete. Just need to create a few LODs (LOD0 is not too heavy: 6.65 Ktris) and export everything.
    Here is the updated Sketchfab viewer:

mons00n and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

26. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

27. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there!
    Hippopotamus v2.0 is now completed. Just need to export everything and put it on a shelf! :)
    here is the sketchfab viewer to check it out in real time:

Model will ready tomorrow for sure.

28. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

29. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Animals Full Pack v2.14 is now live on the Asset Store

30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there! Elephant is almost ready for the shelf. We're currently exporting the fbx files and creating he key images; Model will be ready today. Here is the sketchfab viewer to check it out:

31. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Can't wait to see the Lion :)

PROTOFACTOR_Inc and hopeful like this.
  32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

well, Lion is going to be a little tricky with its mane.... zebra is getting done before.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  33. hopeful

hopeful

That's what I was thinking. Looking forward to seeing how you solve that. ;)

34. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

We have faith in you! You've been doing a great job on all the other reworked animals.

35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks! Doing our best to keep at it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Updates:
    Zebra v2.0 is live since a little while already.

Lion And Lioness V2.01 is live since this morning.

African Animals Pack is now fully upgraded and live.
    Animals Full Pack V2.17 (with complete African Animals Pack) is also live.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Next to come are the birds included in the Birds Pack. 7 birds to go through the upgrade process. These are going to be tricky because we have to keep an optimized rig in order to allow developer to have flocks etc... We'll have to decide of what we think would be the rightest balance between polycount, number of bones, and overall visual quality...

We won't create any birds that could be used in a "bird simulation" but models that would still look good in a 1st person game. Hope that makes sense.

Next: crow

Cheers!! :)

36. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Great work. :)

37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

thank you! :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As mentioned in the previous post we're working on the first bird update: crow. We have mainly been experimenting, trying to figure out the best option in terms of rig, skinning , optimal modeling and skin deformation.... after quite some few trials and errors we might have identified something that could be beneficial. Thanks for bearing with us on this. We'll be able to develop that technique next week to see if it has some real advantages.

Have a great week end! :)

hopeful likes this.
  38. Teila

Teila

I cannot wait to see the birds! Those are my favorites. :)

39. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Ditto! I love the birds!

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Oh Wow... sorry you guys. looks like I totally forgot to answer there has been no update for a while...
    3 Birds have been reworked so far: crow, duck (both already live on the asset store) and pigeon (live most likely tomorrow).

Next will be sparrow or seagull.

41. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

They look totally great, thanks for the updates!

How about a female duck (with a Brown / White instead a green head)? :)

I already added some eggs to my game lol

And as a feature request it would be really great to have sleeping animations and the additional childs pack...

Great work. Thanks.

42. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

We're gathering feedback and will see what can be implemented or not during 2018. Thanks for your feedback! :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update:
    Sparrow is now upgraded and live on the Asset Store

Seagull is now upgraded and live on the Asset Store

Next in the upgrade pipe is Great Horned Owl.

Little reminder that we're having our traditional Christmas sale on our Online Store. All our products are available at 50% OFF until January 1st 2018 11:59pm (PDT). Just pick up what you need and your discount will be applied at checkout.
    Enjoy! :)

43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there! It's been a while since the last upgrade. All apologies for that . We had some contract work to finish up before moving back on the upgrades...

Great Horned Owl is now upgraded and live on the Unity Asset Store or on PROTOFACTOR STORE
    Birds Pack v2.06 with upgraded Great Horned Owl is now live on the Asset Store and on PROTOFACTOR STORE
    Animals Full Pack V2.23 with upgraded Great Horned Owl is now live on the Asset Store and on PROTOFACTOR STORE

Next will be the final upgrade: Golden Eagle which should be available by next Wednesday. We'll be updating the pack during the year with some new animations, toggle able meshes and new animals. See our Road Map for 2018

Cheers!! :)

44. Teila

Teila

Really looking forward to the last part of that list! Roosters! Bulls! Etc. And the animations I need! :)

45. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Glad to hear this got you excited! All our forces are going to put the animals on the side for a little while before moving back to it. After 20 months of upgrades, we want to create some new original content and freshen up our minds. Redoing existing content can be really frustrating for artists....
    But don't worry these features will definitely be added!! :)

46. Teila

Teila

Looking at the results of survey, it looks like many people agree with me. ;)

47. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Indeed, but all these people already own the pack, Since it's updates and add-ons... Which means we'd be working for free... This is not sustainable as you can understand. And our policy is to not ask for more money to deliver updates, add-ons etc... So the best option is to deliver what is mostly anticipated for customers who will actually purchase new products. And then deliver those updates and Add-Ons

48. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Bring on the new stuff... Any option to get a further discount by subscribing in advance of even the first creature being built? :oops:

M

49. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Don't worry we will. Our artists can't wait to start working on this new road map and deliver some awesome new content!
    The only option to get the best deal is to purchase the early bird pack once it's released on our store. We'll announce that officially on the forum and through our newsletter

http://protofactor.biz/Krytomorph_ScreenCapture01.jpg

This character above was in the works recently, it'll be finished later since it'll be part of the humanoid creatures pack volume 1 which didn't receive that many votes.
    Dragons and monsters are mostly wanted it looks like (after the updates / Add-Ons to the animals full pack)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  50. Teila

Teila

Yep, completely understandable. I did not mean to imply you should do it first, just noting that I am not the only one. lol At one time, a long time ago, I was! lol