Search Unity

Animals Full Pack By PROTOFACTOR, Inc // Updates are coming!!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PROTOFACTOR_Inc, Jul 25, 2017.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey guys!

This is the official thread for the upgrade process progress regarding the animals full pack.
    30 Animals will be upgraded over the months to come. Hopefully this process will be faster than the Heroic Fantasy series.

Hope you guys will appreciate the new version.

Cheers! :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    TerraUnity, ivendar, treshold and 6 others like this.
  2. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    ivendar likes this.
  3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

**Reserved**

5. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

**Reserved**

6. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Looks good

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thank you. Model should be ready by the end of the week.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  8. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there! Upgraded Bear is now live on the Asset Store!
    Forest Animals Pack has been updated as well with the upgraded Bear.
    Animals Full Pack has been updated as well (V2.0) and should be live very soon
    Download links have been sent to customers who purchased from Former PROTOFACTOR STORE.

9. Teila

Teila

Hmm, I stopped receiving updates from you in March for some reason. I did not get a link to download the updates. I still use the same email as I did when I bought your product years ago. :) What do I need to do to get the update? Thanks.

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Can you get in touch with us either by email or by PM please. We'll sort this out for you.
    Please provide the email address used at time of purchase, and the pack purchased.
    Thanks. If you want to receive the download links to a different email address don't hesitate to let us know.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

11. Teila

Teila

Sent a PM. Thanks!

12. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks. We'll take care of this during business hours.
    Thanks for tour patience.

Teila likes this.
  13. Teila

Teila

No worries, I am not in urgent need of animals at the moment. :)

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

hey you guys!

Just updated the first post with a Sketchfab viewer for the wolf. This version is pretty similar to the Fantasy Wolf included in the Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack Volume 1 with some few important differences:
    1. scale: model has been scaled down to a normal size wolf.
    2. expression: fantasy wolf had a pretty angry expression, ready to attack. The normal wolf has a more relaxed expression.
    3. This version might have a dark version and a polar version included.
    Still need to fix some few things and create all the maps ( smoothness... and other colors)

Model should be ready by Wednesday worst case scenario.

15. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

One question.. Probably a stupid one, but here goes... heheh Do these new versions overwrite the old ones? If they do, are we allowed with the licensing to make a duplicate folder with the old version in case we want some less rabid wolves in our forests too? I know it is possible, but figured it would be good to ask so everyone understands what we are permitted to do. :)

Dark and polar versions sound awesome! Polar animals are one thing I'm lacking for far northern type environments I'm currently building. Any chance we'll see the polar options for bear and fox as well?

Also, one thing that I found missing with some of the models of the full animals pack were having both male and female versions. To be honest, that was one of my biggest disappointments with the pack and I ended up having to go buy other models where I had both.

At any rate, keep up the great work. :)

16. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Over the few years of existence of the animals full pack we've gathered critics, complaints, feedback etc... We'll be trying to implement what we think make sense in this upgraded version of the pack:
    • When possible we'll be creating female variations. Most of the time there is tiny variations from the male geometry. Means we could potentially keep it as a morph target (when applicable). and have some toggle able elements ( tusks, horns, antlers, ears, mane etc...
    • not all the animals had a mouth. For the bigger ones it make sense to create it (stag...) but maybe not for tiny ones (rabbit)
    • we might also create LODs. Nothing sure at the moment. Fur animals can heavily benefit from this.
    • be more anatomically accurate. We received some critics from some developers whose uncle was a farmer. Looks like he was laughing pretty hard at that cow... :)
    • add more skins variations and maybe some few animals with morph targets (others than to just modify gender)
    • of course PBR ready as well as supporting developers who are still using the Legacy shaders. (Pluging in a PBR albedo fwill never look as good as having a "Legacy" map meant for that purpose. Lighting need to be baked somehow).
    • Setting up all the models to mecanim "generic" mode
    • Models will have root motion support: no more sliding feet. Please note that four legged animals on a slope will always look odd. you need to find an IK solution in order to orientate the model properly and have the feet stick to the ground.
    Regarding the older versions: each upgraded character will replace the former one. If you plan on using the older versions of the models you should back them up right now. Those models will NO LONGER BE SUPPORTED. We also won't provide any download links for those animals to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Of course copyright laws are still applicable for those older models (you can't redistribute any part of the model itself, it still has to be embed in a finished project.
    Unless otherwise and on a case by case basis older models will no longer be sold.

Hope this answers all your concerns (and maybe more)

Best,

17. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Thanks for such a thorough answer! Yup.. Answered and more. :) I can totally understand and appreciate taking the time to respond. Either way, looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the update.

Also understand about the dropping support for the old models. Thanks for permission to duplicate and continue using the old version in our projects!

18. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

perfect.
    Next should be the Boar. But first, lets release that wolf :)

19. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

But.. Wait.. aren't the females done yet? and the youngsters? and the babies? and the embryos? *hides*

KIDDING!! :)

Looking forward to seeing the next updates.. :)

20. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

This was already anticipated for v3.0. which will come as an upgrade path for only $199.99 and a signature with your own blood + 50 % of your soul (if applicable)

Mister-D, gurayg and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  21. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there!
    The upgraded V2.0 version of the wolf is now live on the Asset Store!
    It looks like the update for the Animals Full Pack didn't go through yet... that's pretty annoying... sorry about the inconvenience. We're currently uploading the updated version (with upgraded wolf). Hope fully this version will make it through.
    Download links will be sent tomorrow to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Thanks!
    Next in the pipe will be the Boar.

mons00n and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Animals Full Pack V2.02 (with upgraded Bear and wolf) is now live on the Asset Store.
    Forest Animals Pack V2.02 (with upgraded wolf) will be live shortly...

23. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there!
    Boar should be live tomorrow! Just need to create the root motion variations for the animation set. Hope you guys will appreciate the improvement with this upgrade.

Here is an early sketchfab viewer:

mons00n and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

25. mons00n

mons00n

The boar looks fantastic! Please tell me we can toggle the tusks on/off for some variety =)

26. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

no, sorry you can't toggle them ON/OFF... however 4 blend shapes are included to tweak the size of the canines. You won't be able to make them disappear but you'll be able to get them way smaller or way bigger (up to a fantasy kind of style)
    Hope that'd be sufficient. :)

27. mons00n

mons00n

That works! Something I asked in one of the fantasy pack threads that got lost in the shuffle - how do you modify the blend shapes? I'm a blend shape newb.

28. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Coding isn't our jurisdiction unfortunately, however checking out the documentation will most likely put you on the right track. BlendShapes are available via the GO' skinned Mesh renderer component. You should check out that page of the documentation.

Hope this will guide you.
    -----------------------------------------
    Animals Full Pack v2.03 (with upgraded Boar) is now live on the Asset Store. 3 upgraded animals out of 24.
    Enjoy!

29. mons00n

mons00n

That at least gets me started, thanks! What are your plans for the deer/stag? Will we be able to remove their horns for male/female variants?

hopeful and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

For these, yep. There will be two different antlers meshes that can be shown / hidden plus some morph target to tweak slightly shape and size. Also, this one will have a mouth cavity and a jaw bone.

31. Mister-D

Mister-D

looks very good!
    love your work, keep it up ;)

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Thanks. We'll do our best to keep that level of quality for the other animals to be upgraded.

33. Mister-D

Mister-D

how did u do the fur on the beasts?

hopeful likes this.
  34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

This is basically what the fur shaders do: Several offset layers. This technique was used for "shadow of the colossus" game. Even if it's a really old school technique, if used appropriately, it can lead to surprising results.
    Of course you need a good alpha transparency map to enhance the effect and give more depth to it. That's where some fur shaders can be limited...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Mister-D likes this.
  35. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

oh my god! look at what I found in the park today! soooo cute!

Rabbit will be ready tomorrow. Just need to create the root motion variations and export everything. Hope you guys will like the improvement on that one.

36. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there! Rabbit v2.0 is live on the Asset Store!
    Forest Animals Pack V2.04 (with upgraded rabbit) is on the way.
    Animals Full Pack will be live slightly later today.
    Download links will be sent to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.

37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey there! Sorry about the (almost) spamming... :( We just noticed a problem with the rabbit Skeleton's hierarchy. The right ear wasn't a child of the Skull for some reason... It's now fixed and we're uploading new versions for the packs. Thanks for your understanding.

hopeful and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  38. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there!
    Stag is complete just need to make it mate with a doe that will be on its way soon...
    Here is the sketchfab viewer for the stag:

Hope you guys will appreciate the improvements on that one.
    Doe will follow along soon.

mons00n, BackwoodsGaming and gurayg like this.
  39. Teila

Teila

He is so adorable!! :)

40. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I guess you're in need of animals now.. :) Either go to Petco / Petmart or update what you own form us :)

41. Teila

Teila

No, just admiring the bunny. :) I have lots of animals already in my house.

42. hopeful

hopeful

I really like the bunny and stag. They're all good updates, but these seem especially good. :)

43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Everyone can have their favorite. I personally like Stag and Boar best. But that's true that this little bunny is kind of cute...

44. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

And here is the deer doe. It won't feel lonely now... :)

The pack should be ready later tomorrow if everything goes smoothly. Still need some fixes and polish before exporting and setting up everything for the shelf.

BackwoodsGaming and hopeful like this.
  45. mons00n

mons00n

These are looking fantastic @rosor ! Can I request some sort of resting and/or sleeping animations? All the creatures in my world never get a chance to rest =)

PROTOFACTOR_Inc and Teila like this.
  46. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Maybe down the road. For now we're really focusing on upgrading the visual quality of the models. These animations make total sense but can't provide any ETA as to when they might make it in the pack. thanks in advance for bearing with us on this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Deer Stag & Doe package v2.0 is now available on the Asset Store!
    Forest Animals Pack v2.05 will be live shortly (with Deer Stag & Doe upgraded)
    Animals Full Pack v2.05 (with Deer Stag & Doe upgraded) is currently being uploaded to the Asset Store and should be live a little later today.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download links sent to customers who purchased from former PROTOFACTOR STORE.
    Next in the pipe: Fox. with this last one the Forest Animals Pack will be completely upgraded. :)
    Cheers! and have a great week end.

mons00n likes this.
  47. Teila

Teila

Nice!

My first time in a modeling program was when I used Blender to take the antlers off your previous stag. :) It was a good thing because it gave me the courage to learn to model. lol

PROTOFACTOR_Inc and hopeful like this.
  48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there! Fox is almost complete. It should be live tomorrow on the Asset Store. Here is the sketchfab viewer of the current WIP:

More news tomorrow! :)
    Cheers!

mons00n, Teila and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  49. hopeful

hopeful

Very nice, but ... what does the fox say? ;)

50. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

lol @hopeful

Loving the fox so far!