Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Animal pack deluxe v2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by janpec, Apr 19, 2019.

1. janpec

janpec

screenshot000.png

Hello everyone, new animal pack deluxe has just been released and accepted on Unity Asset store.

For those who purchased Animal pack deluxe v1 (uploaded in 2018) this is version 2 and it includes similar continuation of package of animated animals with PBR textures and roughly similar polygon counts, but this time focus is slightly more on exotic animals. Package price is relatively low to serve as many indie developers including those needing assets for prototype reasons.

Technical details about package can be found on Asset store product description.

Link to Asset store:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/animals/animal-pack-deluxe-v2-144071

Feel free to ask me any questions on this thread or directly under private message.

StevenPicard, SickaGamer and Mark_01 like this.
  2. janpec

janpec

Just a heads up , some animals do not have animations with mesh included in file, which means that you need to drag the prefab / skeleton mesh into animation window to preview. Just wanted to clear this up, since in previous pack some users thought that animations are missing, it is just that most animation files have meshes exported in file and some do not, make sure to drag into preview window the correct skeleton mesh provided under "mesh" folder to view animation played.

3. Mister-D

Mister-D

u r selling this way to cheap

4. Emperor

Emperor

The animations don't start at the same position as the model. How do we fix it? I messed around with the root node import settings but with no success. I also tried loading it in blender but there it starts at the correct position so I really don't know what is wrong with it but it's driving me nuts

5. Emperor

Emperor

ok I figured it out... for anyone else that wants to see the animations start at the right place:

1. Apply root motion on the animator

2. For each animations, under the rig tab of the animation import settings, set the root node to the main bone without the hierarchy (you'll see the name pop twice in the list of options, pick the one that doesn't have anything under it)

3. In the animation tab of the import settings, put a checkmark beside bake into pose for all the root transform options and also make sure that they based upon the root node.

that should do it. Some animations are still wack like the dog will go backward or grow its head but that you'd need to fix in blender or another 3d software.