Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion Anim has been mentioned in recent Game Focus, any more?

Discussion in 'DOTS Animation' started by Endlesser, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Endlesser

Endlesser

That must be the first talk related to DOTS Anim in recent half year, good news to hear there's a "highly performant" and "customizable 3D" animation system WIP. According to the blog part of What's Next for ECS, the new anim sys along with open-world building(which is also my desire) are major fields, if I get it correctly.

The dots anim forum has been dead-walking for like most of 2022, for one who start thier game project by dots roadmap 2019, this anim part is really pulling my leg. When Entities 1.0 is officially out and completing intergration with our porj, the deprecated incompatible anim 0.9.0 will become the everlast roadblock we have to face with, either all the way back entire system to Mecanim or put every new advanced Unity feature behind.

So, any more NO-PROMISING information about next DOTS Anim?

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

It would be nice adding link to the discussed blog.
    https://blog.unity.com/technology/games-focus-expanded-scale-for-ambitious-games

State of DOTS animation is known for long time. And it is know, it won't be ready for many months to come.

Nothing major will be done, before DOTS 1.0 is released.

Considering new animation meant to be compatible with game object workflow, we may as well be waiting post 2024, until release. If we lucky, we maybe will see preview versions in late 2023.

But until then, either roll in own solution, or focus on games, which doesn't need complex animations.

LudiKha and StickyKevin like this.
  3. AnaWilliam850

AnaWilliam850

That is very good to heard, I miss the dots anim