Search Unity

Games Angle Wars - Beta

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Dr_Fragg, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Dr_Fragg

Dr_Fragg

Background: I started playing around with Unity about 4 years ago, switching projects several times. I released a small train + wildlife game for kids on the Play Store (it got about 15 downloads, and has since died a peaceful death). That was all a learning experience, which led to my first full-size project, Angle Wars, an attempt to recapture the fun I had as a kid playing Battle Ground (DOS 1986) with my dad and brother. It's a top-down WW2 tactical game, where you select a soldier and input the angle you want him to shoot. That's been challenging, moving it to 3d.

Battle Ground:

Angle Wars:
    upload_2020-4-16_9-0-37.png

So it's been about 2 years in development, in my spare time, and it'll be releasing on Steam in August, https://store.steampowered.com/app/1292610/Angle_Wars/

My main concern is the art and UI. I'm a programmer, with no artistic ability; I've hacked together about 5-10% of my graphical assets, and used the Asset Store for the rest. I'd like some honest feedback on the visuals, for the type of game that it is, if anyone cares to offer it. I don't have a build pushed to steam yet to be able to fully show the UI in action, but will update when I do.

Thanks!