Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Angle threshold before rotating,Yawing or pivoting the body with Lock to target camera on Transposer

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by DrakaniJp, Jan 5, 2018.

1. DrakaniJp

DrakaniJp

Hi!
    I am working on a fully traversable game in which the player can walk on walls and roofs.

Is there a way to put a threshold angle before Pitching, Yawing and rolling the body on the transposer that is locked on target?

I want to avoid excessive camera movement that leads to motion sickness in the game.

Thank you in advance!!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

There is no built-in angular dead zone, but you might be able to fake it with a hidden target that has a behaviour to implement the angular dead zone. You could also try pumping up the angular damping.

3. DrakaniJp

DrakaniJp

Thank you very much for the fast answer! :)
    Another question! :D

When I use the cinemachine collider and go straight into a wall the camera jumps forward and I can see through it. how can I avoid this? :)

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Can you show me your vcam and collider inspectors, and maybe a picture of the scene showing the problem? It's hard to visualize exactly what's happening.

5. DrakaniJp

DrakaniJp

6. DrakaniJp

DrakaniJp

7. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Thanks for this images, but not being familiar with your game I still can't tell what's happening. What do you mean by "in front of a wall"? Maybe you can show me a top-down orthographic scene view, with the camera, target, and wall clearly visible?

You can just paste images directly here in the forum.

8. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes, those are better. What is the "Reticule" object in the LookAt target? Can you show me that in the scene hierarchy? Where is it in space relative to the follow target?

9. DrakaniJp

DrakaniJp

10. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Are you ok with the collider ignoring all obstacles within 22m of the target? Seems a bit heavy-handed to me.

11. DrakaniJp

DrakaniJp

It is enough to avoid getting inside the walls so, I guess it works :)

I am still having a little problem with the cam following the target on the x-axis though. our player changes normal and so the position of the target changes very fast not even allowing to use the dampening settings of the cam.

I am trying to find a fix for that now

12. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

@DrakaniJp Let me know if you need specific help with this. You'll have to show me some more pictures (or movies) so I can understand the problem.