Search Unity

Androids that work with Unity Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by Wozik, Feb 10, 2011.

1. MIke ekim

MIke ekim

Can anyone conform that games previously unplayable on the Sensation will now work if made with Unity 3.4?

Edit: I see the update history for Air Attack, Samurai II and Battleheart states that EVO3D and Sensation are now supported, so some major developers have confidence.

The EVO3D is listed on page 1 as being supported but the Sensation is not. Is that an oversight, should the Sensation be added now?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. aqez

aqez

I've been able to run unity on the Flytouch3/SuperPAD with Android 2.2. Also able to run on the Augen Gentouch 3 running 2.1. We do 2D games, so not sure if that has any input on it, but they've worked fine. Both of these devices are ARMv6 driven.

3. generalBanana

generalBanana

Works fine on Samsung Infuse. There is a download limit in the appstore, but you can install it if you transfer it to the phone yourself. Runs Angrybots smoothly! :)

4. lyh1

lyh1

Things run on Viewsonic ViewPad 10s(Advent vega), which is a very good low cost dual core Tegra2 tablet device.
    But projects need to be compiled with unity3d 3.4.

5. priya

priya

I am doing AR project with Qualcomm's Unity Extension, and m also planning to buy LG Optimus One P500... need info on this model
    and if not, than which device i should go for, and wats the cheapest model which support the unity...
    thnxs..

6. RefinedGames

RefinedGames

Unity works good on Motorola Triumph (armv7) shipped with Android 2.2. Though I'm no expert, I'd guess it's a decent dev device, no contract - flat $299, no activation needed.

7. Running Pixel

Running Pixel

Unity works very well and quite fast on the LG Optimus One (P500)
    I think it's one of the cheaper model around (maybe not the cheapest)

8. Wozik

Wozik

9. fuzzy3d

fuzzy3d

Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 vorks fine with ARMv6 and OpenGL ES 1.x
    pretty fast 3D becouse low screen resolution- 240x320

10. alwin43

alwin43

can you tell me ,SamsungGalaxy Tab P751 can Supported QRAC ?

11. digitalpowers

digitalpowers

works on the HTC Evo View 7" Tablet. (HTC Flyer)

12. LastSipahi

LastSipahi

Can you please add Samsung Galaxy Ace to list. Even phone has ARM V6, after dealing with resolution issues, I managed to make it work with Unity 3D.

13. Caliber-Mengsk

Caliber-Mengsk

HP Touchpad with CM7 (alpha 1) works with unity quite well. Ran AngryBots from market extremely well. I think this will be my highend development platform, and my cellphone (optimus v) will be my lowend. XD

I just think it's spiffy a device that wasn't intended to have android on it even is able to run unity very well. (reflections and all) Means I'll have to get unity android some time :p

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello, we have tested our Unity Games on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and they run well but strangely the performance are a lot slower than iPad 2 and more similar to the iPad 1.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is pretty obvious but I'll still report it: Unity works just fine on Acer Iconia Tab A500.

16. Sir-Tiddlesworth

Sir-Tiddlesworth

Samsung Galaxy GIO (running Android 2.2) works 100%.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello,

i need to buy Android smartphone/s to test Unity3d Games.
    I have already a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with 3.0

I was thinking about Samsung Galaxy S 2 with 2.3
    Do you suggest a smartphone with less performance for testing?
    Maybe two devices less expensive and with different screen size instead of one ( one with 2.2 and the other with 2.3)?

I would use the device/s only for Unity3d game testing.

Android distribution stats:

http://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html

What do you suggest?

Thank you.

18. Caliber-Mengsk

Caliber-Mengsk

@andrea: As far as low end, my phone is probably as low end as unity supports. It's the Optimus V. It runs at something like 600mhz, and requires the game to be compiled in ARMv6+VFP, but it does work, and is probably one of the lowest speed devices supported.

The other plus is they are cheap, you can find them on sale in stores new for around $125usd. Right now Radio shack is selling them for $130usd new, and they are also virgin mobile, so they have no contract. Very low cost device for unity android development. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11231368

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Caliber Mengsk thank you for the advice.

At the end I have purchased the Samsung Galaxy S2 because it will officially support Android 4.0 ICS but for testing probably i will buy another Android smartphone with Adreno 200 GPU like Samsung GIO or Optimus V

20. jezjones

jezjones

Hi,
    I found this thread when trying to get my demo running on device.

I have a samsung galaxy S II .... wikipedia says it has the SnapDragon chip.

I have installed my demo but i get splash and crash on device, so forgive my ignorance, but can you tell me what imageeffect is and where i can find it to disable it.

Also there seems to be general comments about samsung, is it a problem platform? I would really like to use my new android phone, but if its not supported i will change it.

Thanks,

Jez

21. mesho

mesho

i have the same problem Jaz , it open the splash screen and close again the application ..!
    what is your settings ?
    and where you found the SDK or OEM for S2 device ?
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/oem-usb.html

on the android help of Unity the say Samsung galaxy s s2 are both fully tested and supported

22. giap_vn

giap_vn

How about Kindle Fire, guys? It has 1GHz TI OMAP 4430 (2 x Cortex A9). And it can sideload APK files. I kinda want it for my first Android test device but I'm not sure yet.

23. sitting

sitting

Asus Transformer, have tested 2 games from the forums here :) Works fine ;)

24. mrKaizen

mrKaizen

Hi, I had issues with my Samsung Galaxy S SCL I9003.
    Device details here - on the left, on the right a compare with the "original" Galaxy S, translated from an italian site 'cause I find out that models with same name have sometimes different hardware and I'm from Italy.

My problem: the app start with the splash screen and then close again.

But after I installed Unity 3.4.2f3 I build apks without problems or crashes (I post a thread here).
    I tried my first game, different tests with elements on screen, penelope demo and angrybots and everything works fine.

Btw Unity did't advised me that I had an old version of the editor (3.4.2f2). :\

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  25. LastSipahi

LastSipahi

Tested with Unity 3.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy S plus I9001 GT. Works fine so far.

26. ovakin

ovakin

Amazon Kindle Fire wok fine with Unity 3.4, "build and run" require some extra usb driver configuration, but it's very simple. Android remote works but acting kinda weird with flashing screen.

27. nikolic

nikolic

I got a Samsung Galaxy Note so here's some info.

I downloaded a dozen of games listed in http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/596...-Unity-Android (only free ones from 13th and 14th page). They all work fine.

I'm using latest Unity version. I bought Unity Android license last night and rebuilt a Unity game prototype I recently made for Windows (a HOG/adventure game using 2D Toolkit). It works fine on the device (except for mouse handling but that was expected).

28. ovakin

ovakin

My Kindle Fire auto-updated to 6.2.1, lost root and cannot be re-rooted, now android remote doesn't work :(
    Build-and-run still works though...

29. krubba

krubba

I think in addition to devices that are confirmed working, the master list should also contain devices that definitely don't work. No one wants to admit some devices don't work, but hey, it's Android, and the device list is huge. Not fair to put the working ones on the first post, then have people wade through 7 pages to look for devices that might be reported as not working.

Didn't have time for the 7 pages, so i'll just report that the HTC Magic running Android 2.1-update1 definitely doesn't work. Doesn't even get to the splash screen...

30. Dreamora

Dreamora

Its not required to list it as its an ARM11 cpu, thats 2 generation below what you need to even boot unity code (ARMV6 cpu with VFP coprocessor)

31. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

The Samsung galaxy s 2 GT I9100 dose not have a snapdragon it has a Samsung Exynos(duel core ARM cortex a9 i think) and nither dose the other samsung galaxy s2 models. the snapdragon was from the galaxy s gt i9000 and is single core.

I own a galaxy s2 GT i9000 and it runs all my unity games and every one ive tryed. check the actual name of your phone as there a three difernt vesions of the Galaxy S2

32. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I bought the Archos70 tablet and really hate it, it cant connect to the android market (would not recommend anyone buys it).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  33. sebako

sebako

Hey guys,

does anyone know if either HTC Wildfire S or HTC Desire S are working with Unity Android? I am planning to purchase one of those, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

-Seb

34. philmocracy

philmocracy

One handset that didn't work for our Unity projects with QCAR extension: Samsung Admire

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  35. DexRobinson

DexRobinson

I had it working on the Samsung Admire, cheap phone from Metro PCS.

36. andolasoft

andolasoft

This is very true and nice video clip...

37. vegenarie

vegenarie

So, how android developers do to inform their customers if their device works or not? Just that list of mobiles is very short, many other mobiles in the market, and new coming.

38. Train

Train

yes, whats with the HTC Sensation XE...when can i handle this direct in Unity? At the moment comes no device.

39. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

The Motorola Triumph works ok

40. Arkasis

Arkasis

Does anyone know if unity android works with android tablet iconia A500 on android 3.2.1 ?
    Which build setting did I have to set ?
    Thx for your answers =)

41. zogspot

zogspot

I've been using the Acer Iconia A500 on Android 3.2.1. It works fine with Unity. There were no special build settings needed beyond being set for Android.

42. nikolic

nikolic

Has anybody tested Unity applications with ZTE Skate?
    It has an ARMv6 CPU, but according to the specifications it is more powerful than ZTE Blade (also ARMv6) which officially works fine.

Thanks

43. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

Some devices (like the chinese tablet from MEIYING) have. problem with ADB and usb bridge, at least on the Mac, they are recognized at first glance, but after you try. to push from unity build the bridge got stuck, and you will never see the device again when issuing a ./adb devices command.

Even though, we could run the unity. 3.5 apk by copying manually the apk and installing it from a file explorer today.
    If this toy-tablet works(ok is a bit slow the rendering) I guess almost every android device out there will be. able to.

44. TylerCode_

TylerCode_

Coby Kyros 8125 8 Inch Tablet Works

You have to fiddle with tilt sensors to get the right readings but I've got it working on it. Its sort of slow but very playable. it is ARMv7

more specs here and here

have not tested ADB.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  45. tbalden

tbalden

In a lot of threads related to latest Android leaks or official ROMs (~4.0.1+), its mentioned that Unitiy based games seem to have trouble with touchscreen input on that version of the OS. While on GB stuff works fine, upgrading to ICS makes the touchscreen input unreliable, at times unusable.
    Games like Shadowrun and Extreme Road Trip can have trouble with the input.

I'm running an ICS rom on my Mytouch 4G Slide, and it happens with that device as well. With GB no problems.

46. 9heart

9heart

Kindle Fire audio bug

There is a constant cracking/popping noise that sounds like a bit like static. This sound is emitted every 0.4~0.5 seconds and there is a distinct pattern (it is not random but instead seems cyclical)

It is really detracting from our user's experience as we have music playing 99% of the time.

47. ovakin

ovakin

I don't have that issue with the Kindle Fire, what audio format do you use?

48. 9heart

9heart

Native format is .wav or .aif

I've tried uncompressed/compressed in-editor

maybe its the .aif format?

49. ovakin

ovakin

I used mp3 for everything including soundfx and music, the slight quality degradation is not noticeable compared to wav. And they say this in the manual:

50. devkatmer

devkatmer

Huawei U8800 2.3 GB and 4.0 ICS Aurora working.
    SE Xperia Arc 2.3 GB and 4.0 ICS working.