Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug AndroidManifest.xml not showing up in final APK

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by Brady, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Brady

Brady

I'm having a problem that's preventing me from submitting to Oculus. Strangely, the line:
    Code (csharp):
    2. <uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00030000" android:required="true"/>
    Is not showing up in my final AndroidManifest.xml embedded in the built APK, even though I have it set to require OpenGL ES 3 in the Player settings. Indeed, no glEsVersion tag appears at all, regardless of version number. I've even taken the step of adding that line in my AndroidManifest.xml located under Plugins/Android, but the final AndroidManifest.xml I extract from the built APK is still missing this line. If I look in StagingArea, there is no AndroidManifest.xml at all (contrary to the 2019.3 documentation). There are only:

AndroidLauncherManifest-main.xml
    LauncherManifest.xml
    UnityManifest.xml

UnityManifest.xml contains the line in question, but it somehow never makes its way into the final APK. Any ideas why this would be and how to fix it?

2. tomph

tomph

Hi @Brady have you figured this out yet? I'm stuck with the same issue...

3. Brady

Brady

Ah, first I solved it by doing a ridiculous procedure of unpacking the .APK after build, manually editing the manifest.xml, and then manually re-building the APK from the extracted data. But then I believe I resolved it by removing my existing Oculus SDK integration and reinstalling the latest. There was a bug in one of the Oculus packages that caused this, and installing the latest didn't fix it for me because somehow there was a remnant of the older installation. So closing Unity, deleting everything Oculus, then re-opening the project and installing the latest Oculus integration fixed it -- if I recall correctly.