Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AndroidManifest with UnityAds

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Shiranui, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Shiranui

Shiranui

Hello guys,

I can find only one androidmanifest.xml in my project, the one in Plugins/Android/unityads
    Do I need to change the line
    package = "com.unity3d.ads.android"
    to my custom package name ?

2. chiphuc113

chiphuc113

I have the same question.

3. Shiranui

Shiranui

I will answer my own question :)
    It seems the manifest is overwritten by the unity settings (player settings).
    So I did not change anything and in the .apk I could found my custom package name in the "package" field of the manifest.

4. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Unity has had the ability to merge android manifests since version 4.6. You don't need to edit the Unity Ads android manifest. Unity will merge it and any other android manifests in your project with your game's android manifest.

5. Spiritmibilegame

Spiritmibilegame

I'm having issues with merging my android manifests. I've attached screen caps of the errors I'm getting. How can I go about fixing this? I asked a friend who's familiar with this issue, and he manually merged my Android manifest files for me. I deleted the other ones, and kept the fully merged file in Plugins/Android. I deleted the one in Plugins/Android/unityads but I get an error message saying that the Android manifest file in Plugins/Android/unityads is missing. When I restore the manifest file, I get the errors shown in the images below.

Here are the error messages:
    Error: [Temp/StagingArea/AndroidManifest-main.xml, /Users/Macchan/kathmandudrift/Temp/StagingArea/android-libraries/unityads-release/AndroidManifest.xml:8] Trying to merge incompatible /manifest/application/activity[@name=com.unity3d.ads.android.view.UnityAdsFullscreenActivity] element:

UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to merge android manifests. See the Console for more details.
    /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_79.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx2048M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="/Users/Macchan/Library/Android/sdk/tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/Tools/sdktools.jar" -

stderr[
    Error: [Temp/StagingArea/AndroidManifest-main.xml, /Users/Macchan/kathmandudrift/Temp/StagingArea/android-libraries/unityads-release/AndroidManifest.xml:8] Trying to merge incompatible /manifest/application/activity[@name=com.unity3d.ads.android.view.UnityAdsFullscreenActivity] element:
    <activity
    @android:name="com.unity3d.ads.android.view.UnityAdsFullscreenActivity"
    -- @android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"
    -- @tools:ignore="UnusedAttribute">
    --</activity>
    <activity
    ++ @android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen">
    ++</activity>
    ++(end reached)
    ]
    stdout[
    Warning: [Temp/StagingArea/AndroidManifest-main.xml:3, /Users/Macchan/kathmandudrift/Temp/StagingArea/android-libraries/unityads/AndroidManifest.xml:11] Main manifest has <application android:name=''> but library uses name='com.soomla.SoomlaApp'.
    ]
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandInternal (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandSafe (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Error building Player: CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to merge android manifests. See the Console for more details.
    /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_79.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx2048M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="/Users/Macchan/Library/Android/sdk/tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/Tools/sdktools.jar" -

stderr[
    <activity
    -- @android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"
    -- @tools:ignore="UnusedAttribute">
    --</activity>
    <activity
    ++ @android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen">
    ++</activity>
    ++(end reached)
    ]
    stdout[
    Warning: [Temp/StagingArea/AndroidManifest-main.xml:3, /Users/Macchan/kathmandudrift/Temp/StagingArea/android-libraries/unityads/AndroidManifest.xml:11] Main manifest has <application android:name=''> but library uses name='com.soomla.SoomlaApp'.
    ]

What's the issue I'm facing and how should I go about resolving it?

Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 12.32.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 12.35.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 12.35.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 12.35.26 PM.png

Seg_fault_ likes this.
  6. Spiritmibilegame

Spiritmibilegame

Hello? Anybody have any idea what the issue here is?

7. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

In one of the recently released Unity versions (maybe 5.2), they integrated UnitysAds into the engine which means you no longer have to edit the manifest.

8. Spiritmibilegame

Spiritmibilegame

I know about the recent integration of UnityAds to Unity, that's what I used when attempting to make that build. And yet I still get that error message, what is the solution to solve this issue?

9. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

1. Are you using latest build of Unity (5.2.1)

2. Did you download the Unity Ads SDK?

If both answers are yes, you need to remove all UnityAds SDK stuff from your project.

I believe the error is occurring because you have a manifest in the SDK folder which its trying to merge it with your main manifest, causing the conflict.

10. Spiritmibilegame

Spiritmibilegame

We are using Unity (5.2.0f3) and I did download the Unity Ads SDK, before realizing it was part of Unity Services, so I've already deleted it from the project. I still have folders like "unityads.budle Import Settings," "unityads Import Settings" and "unityads.framework Import Settings." Were these created when I activated Unity ads, or are they from the package I had before?

11. neutt22ads

neutt22ads

Found a solution for this because I ran into the same situation today:

Just remove the Unity Ads plugin on your Assets folder.

12. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Get rid of everything related to Unity Ads. There should be no files/folders at all from memory.

reef99 likes this.