Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Android

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Julydevelopergame, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

So does unity stop supporting old all of Unity version android build. well. i got question. Does Unity finally add android build support to Unity 2019.1.0. i guess yes he did add android build. but can i build Android on unity 2018.1 or 2018.2?

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

AFAIK the FMOD crash bug makes it inadvisable to use anything earlier than Unity2020.3.41f1 for Android.

3. phamtony037

phamtony037

Unity 2018.1 & 2018.2 can still build Android apps, but they are no longer officially supported. Upgrading to a newer version like 2019.1 or later is recommended for better features and bug fixes.

4. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

These older editors simply don't receive any more updates from Unity. All the while the mobile environments move on and keep bumping the "minimum SDK version" requirement. Eventually, older Unity versions can no longer satisfy that minimum SDK criteria and builds either fail or are rejected upon submission.

Then it becomes a matter of either upgrading the editor (recommended) or manually installing newer SDK versions in the hope that these are still compatible with the old editor version.

Generally speaking, you do want to avoid to continue working with an editor version that's no longer supported, specifically when developing for mobile. If you upgrade at least once a year, it's usually relatively pain-free to upgrade. But if you're several years behind, the project is nearing completion and you are then FORCED to upgrade, this can be a tremendous pain.

5. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

Ohhhh ok so now Unity add support Unity 2019.1 anyways bye

6. Julydevelopergame

Julydevelopergame

Correct. But if you still use Unity 2018.4 for android. There is 2 thing. Install Android studio and download jdk 8 from oracle. And that’s it. But I think Unity 2019.1 is better. For now.