Search Unity

Android - Unity crashes when building a scene

Discussion in 'Android' started by Mons1999, May 2, 2015.

1. Mons1999

Mons1999

Hi everyone !
    I've just bought the Android license and I converted my iOS project to Android.
    I tried building the same scene but Unity crashed (I'm using Unity 4.6.4). I built the same scene several times for iOS and it worked fine.
    When I click on Build (or Build and Run), the "Compiling Scripts" step works well, but the "Build Scene 0" step makes Unity crash. The build freezes, the Unity Bug Reporter shows up and I have no other informations.
    The activity monitor shows that Unity uses 1,5GB of RAM at the beginning of the build, and with the "Build Scene 0" step, the RAM usage suddenly increases to 2,5GB before the crash.
    I can't release my game on Android while I haven't solved this problem...Can someone help me ? Is there something to do while switching platform ? Why does it uses so much memory compared to an iOS build ?
    Thank you.
    PS : I tried switching platform again but I had the same results.

2. liortal

liortal

Which Unity version are you on ?

Also, do you have the stack trace from the crash ? (I think the bug reporter can show you the crash, but not sure).

If your game is a 2D one, try repacking all sprite atlases (I had an issue with those that caused the editor to crash).

Go to Window -> Sprite Packer and repack all atlases, then do a build.

Let me know if that helped :)

3. Mons1999

Mons1999

As I said Unity 4.6.4
    Now it doesn't show anything...how can I do to get the Stack Trace ?
    Unfortunately it's a 3D game but thanks for the advice :)

4. liortal

liortal

Are you getting the Unity crash reporter tool ? See if there's an option to get the crash stacktrace from there.

If it's not possible, you can perhaps get a crash dump or attach a debugger, although that's a bit more complex in case you're not familiar with it.