Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Android TV support

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Annopolus, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Annopolus

Annopolus

As in the topic name, Unity IAP supports Google Play. Part of it is Android TV. So, do you fully support ATV?

I'm asking because:
    - there is nothing about ATV in the IAP documentation,
    - I started to implement IAP in my ATV app and I found that the 1st codeless IAP button which I'm testing generates dialog window to confirm purchase or cancel, where cursor keys are not working. I suppose that the remote controller key will not work also.

Appreciate confirmation, or... suggestion which IAP system supports ATV.

Thanx!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Does your Android TV have an attached keyboard? Do the cursor keys and remote controller work on other Unity buttons?

3. Annopolus

Annopolus

Thanx for fast reply :)

I'm still on the Unity Editor stage, and didnt moved apk with this functionality to ATV device, yet.

I was little alarmed by UIFakeStoreCanvas prefab behaviour, which supports only mouse/touch clicks. But I understand in the production implementation the dialog for accepting/declining payment will come not from Unity's prefab, but from the OS. And as a result it should support native controller for it. Right?

May I ask for a confirmation that Unity IAP supports ATV before I will do effort to implement it fully?
    So, that was the reason for my question - there is nothing about it in the doc's, forums, and overall internet.

Thanx again.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We have not tested on Android TV. But it would be a quick test, just run a Unity app that has a single button (without IAP)