Search Unity

Android Transparent Movies Rendered to Raw Images

Discussion in 'Android' started by sinjimonkey, Oct 31, 2020.

1. sinjimonkey

sinjimonkey

Hi,
    I'm having an issue with this (again) after I had it fixed in Unity 2018. I'm upgrading the project to a newer version of unity (2019).

I think I've got this mostly right with these settings;
    upload_2020-10-30_23-9-24.png

With those settings the image doesn't show at all (as opposed to showing full opaque), which makes me think it's working with alpha being 0.

This is seriously frustrating.

There are threads that are talking about render pipelines and shader stuff that I have NO understanding of whatsoever. If this is the way to fix it, I'd need to be walked through it as I've never done anything with render pipelines or shaders. And I don't know why I would because I didn't have to do it in Unity 2018 (Unless Universal Render Pipeline broke something that was working in Standard Render Pipeline. I heard URP is the new default - is there a way to use the SRP since what I want to do worked there?)

These video files are being imported via AssetBundles (It's an Augmented Reality project) and work fine in the editor. I know that the AssetBundles should not be compressed for video as that was one of the fixes I had in the previous build. I haven't touched any Graphics settings, and HDR is turned off on the Camera (The same as it is in my old version too)

upload_2020-10-30_23-14-1.png

upload_2020-10-30_23-14-40.png

upload_2020-10-30_23-16-50.png

2. ernestask

ernestask

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    Could you fill a bug report and share the case ID?
    If it worked in the previous Unity versions and not anymore, sounds like a regression.

3. sinjimonkey

sinjimonkey

Thanks for replying. I'll have to wait a few weeks before I can do that - my app is live and we have an event in Toronto starting next week, so I am very busy. I need to do a work-around for this issue which is NOT ideal, I was hoping for a simple answer (such as maybe the wrong texture format or something).