Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

[Android] StarCombat

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by DrSpritz, Jul 11, 2017.

1. DrSpritz

DrSpritz

Hi there!

I would like to anounce that my game StarCombat is available on Google Play and now everyone can play it!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.drspritz.starcombat

StarCombat is arcade online simulation made in the genre of space 3D shooter. At the moment game is at the stage of open beta testing and may be in the end of the year can be released.

For create this game i used Unity + UNET + NodeJS (express + net).

Above the game, I work alone and I'm very glad that I able to made something like this, of course a certain merit in this is game engine Unity, which allows make games for single developers.

I would like to ask advice from people who are engaged in the promotion of games or have any experience in promoting their projects. Is it worth doing itself or is better to contact publishers (in this case given my genre to whom is better)?

I hope you enjoy it, thanks!
    https://www.facebook.com/starcombatgame/

PS: sorry for my english, it is not my native language ;)

SiliconDroid likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Visuals look very well done.

Is the game localized for English speaking territories or only in - not English?

I can say for certain - if you end up going to any publisher to promote the game - they will ask for the game to be localized for English speaking territories.

DrSpritz likes this.
  3. DrSpritz

DrSpritz

Yes, the game is translated into English but not very good as it would be desirable

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. SiliconDroid

SiliconDroid

Excellent production!

I noticed a strange thing: In googleplay store it says:

installs
    100,000 - 500,000

reviews
    1 total

What is the reason for this? Is it because all your reviews are Russian and are not shown to me?

5. SiliconDroid

SiliconDroid

My first successful game was purely organic, I just published free and paid version and waited.

I've been thinking the same thing as you as my production value increases in my second game.

My thoughts on the matter are:

Promotion

I'm currently exploring different ad campaigns. First going to try twitter app panels to get installs of free game with in app purchase to unlock stuff.

I self promoted some PC software years back using google adwords. It was running at >150% return, targeted ad costs saturated at ~2k / week. Then torrent sites became a thing and it died.

Publisher

Publisher hopefully sells MANY copies and gives the developer some %. For my target platform (mobile VR) I don't think the potential install base is high enough yet to get excited about publishers.

But for your phone/tab game I think publisher could be viable. It could be worth you making a publisher list and contacting them.

I had terrible experience with a small publisher way back, PocketPC dice game, they put it on SD card and color boxed it up and wholesaled it to some retailers. They were overseas, I was naive, I got shafted with $0. But of course a reputable publisher should be fine.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  6. Lumb3rSamur4i

Lumb3rSamur4i

I need help, i previously install Star Combat in my cellphone, i have been playing it for weeks, but since last version when I play it take me out of the battle saying me "connection error" i can't play
    Pleaso Help
    :(