Search Unity

Android Split Binary - Failed to resolve packages: fetch failed with status code 5

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Eric-Farraro, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Eric-Farraro

Eric-Farraro

My .apk is over 100mb, and so I need to split it. I read that in 2015, this capability was added to Cloud Build (https://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/09/24/unite-2015-new-features-for-unity-cloud-build/).

I took an existing working build and went to Config > Advanced > Split Application Binary = true w/ Unity (2018.1 Latest). When I run it, the build fails quickly with the following error:

68: [Unity] DisplayProgressbar: Unity Package Manager
    69: [Unity] [Package Manager] Registering 0 packages:
    70: [Unity] Failed to resolve packages: fetch failed with status code 502. No packages loaded.
    71: [Unity] A re-import of the project may be required to fix the issue or a manual modification of /BUILD_PATH/eric-farraro.krumit.android-release/Packages/manifest.json file.
    72: [Unity] (Filename: Line: 0)
    73: [Unity] [Package Manager] Failed to resolve packages: fetch failed with status code 502.

Things I've tried:
    • Rebuild same build
    • Uncheck 'Split Application Binary' - build works again
    • Clean Build
    As far as I can tell, the only difference is this Split Application Binary toggle. Again - the build works 100% of the time without this toggle selected.

Has anyone gotten .apk / .obb split builds to work in Cloud Build and/or can anyone on the Unity team help take a look?