Search Unity

android.software.vr.mode auto added when not needed

Discussion in 'Android' started by LesBloom, Dec 4, 2020.

1. LesBloom

LesBloom

Hello,

When I view the details of my game on the Google Play console via the App Bundle Explorer, I am seeing the following Features listed:

android.software.vr.high_performance
    android.software.vr.mode

The thing is, my game is not a VR game. I don't do any VR code in my scripts, and I don't see any VR settings enabled in my Unity project.

I am trying to figure out how to make sure those Features are not required; as I believe it is restricting the amount of devices that can install my game.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

2. digipaul

digipaul

Maybe you have a vr related package in your project? I had a similar problem and it turned out I had an Oculus related thing in my packages. Other than that you should make sure vr is disabled in project settings (XR Plugin management on unity 2020).

3. Swah

Swah

We've got the same problem. We can't see any package that would include VR, and everything XR related is disabled in the project settings. The manifest XML still has this in it:
    <uses-feature
    android:name="android.software.vr.mode"
    android:required="false" />

<uses-feature
    android:name="android.software.vr.high_performance"
    android:required="false" />

This page seems to suggest it's not critical (it won't filter out devices that don't have VR), but it is still inaccurate and I'm concerned it might have consequences we're not seeing.

Does anyone have ways to know where particular lines from a manifest come from?

4. Swah

Swah

Update on this - it turns out what likely adds this to the manifest in our case is the UnityPurchasing plugin. The lines above are in the AndroidManifest of the file GooglePlay.aar.

So the question then becomes - does Unity IAP actually need to tell Google Play it's using VR features?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

6. Swah

Swah

Apologies, I probably should have kept the issues into two separate posts. In any case good for others to know that old versions of Unity IAP can add these requirements.

7. LesBloom

LesBloom

For anyone else coming across this.

I can confirm that upgrading to Unity IAP 3.1 (from the Package Manager only!!) fixes this issue.

Also, even though IAP 3.1 is not verified against Unity 2020 LTS, I have tested and not found any issues (for me at least).