Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Android signature causes apk mismatch after upgrade project to Unity 2019.4.18f (from 2019.3.0b6)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by EnjiRouz, Jan 20, 2021.

1. EnjiRouz

EnjiRouz

I just upgraded my Unity project to Unity 2019.4.18f from 2019.3.0b6.
    I'm trying to build my Android app with the SAME keystore, but I get this when installing:

[INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package signatures do not match the previously installed version; ignoring!]

The CERT.RSA files from the old and new apk are REALLY different (28 strings with the old Unity vs 33 strings with the new Unity). Problem appears only when I use Unity 2019.4.18f.

Is that a bug? What should I do?

I can't just reinstall the app because it's in the Google Play Market.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

There's a few ways of signing an APK, I think called v2 and v3. Perhaps Unity has silently switched you over. There should be a setting in the Player Settings Publishing section to switch it back.

EnjiRouz likes this.
  3. EnjiRouz

EnjiRouz

I checked this out, but that wasn't a problem with signing version.

The Owner, Issuer and Serial number in CERT.RSA has changed somehow when I use Unity 2019.4.18f

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Is this a for-real-signed-by you APK or just one using the Android Debug key?

5. EnjiRouz

EnjiRouz

I don't know. The sign was made by an old team member quite a long time ago.
    Will these screenshots be useful?

I see that in the new version of Unity the CERT.RSA corresponds to the keystore. But I have no idea how to make it work the way it did before I switched to new Unity version. As I can see, the app was sign like an Android Debug, and that's not how it should be, but now it's important to find a workaround if possible.

Development Build
    tick has no effect.

Screenshot_4.png Screenshot_5.png