Search Unity

Android SDK Windows Batch File Not Opening

Discussion in 'Android' started by kiwinaman, May 23, 2017.

1. kiwinaman

kiwinaman

Apologies in advance, just starting to try and get acquainted with Unity and no programming background. I am following along on
    for installing all necessary Android components for getting up and running to explore Gear VR app development through Unity.

In installing Android SDK, I get it installed and extracted but when I try to open the Windows Batch File "android" under "tools", I right click then "Run As Administrator...". It seems to open a command prompt window but closes it immediately. I tried researching to identify a solve. Tried opening an elevated command prompt window first then trying to open that "android" file again but nothing. Also tried typing in "cmd /k netstat" to elevated command prompt. Nothing seems to be working.

I am running Windows 10 64-bit

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

LilAbyz likes this.
  2. Strangertoyourlife

Strangertoyourlife

Did you ever figure this out? I am currently stuck with this myself

LilAbyz likes this.
  3. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

This tool was deprecated and does not open sdk manager UI anymore. The only way to get the UI now is to download Android Studio and to use sdk manager there. If you don't want to download Android Studio, you can use command-line tools tools/bin/sdkmanager and tools/bin/avdmanager, but they don't have any UI.

ttmmiizz100 likes this.
  4. mrPRAZ

mrPRAZ

Meceka and Xain like this.