Search Unity

Android SDK root folder not found

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by worldcreator3d, Nov 17, 2014.

1. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Hi everybody,

got Unity Pro 4.5.51f and downloaded Android SDK r23 (the latest one). After installing the SDK I tried to deploy to my Smasung Galaxy Tab 4. During build Unity asks me for the Android SDK root folder. By selecting it, Unity asks me again and again and again ... Unity does not accept the Android SDK root folder ...

Does anyone have an idea about that issue?

Thx,
    nanthrox

2. Cascho01

Cascho01

I had this problem, too. This problem is at least three years old and it´s unbelievalble that it´s not fixed yet.
    As far as I remember:
    Uninstall the SDK.
    Install it again but into a folder that you define (no standard installation).
    Unity now can find it.

Please correct me if I´m wrong.

oleksandr-klimenko likes this.
  3. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Thank you for your reply.

I know what I did wrong - my fault. By downloading and installing the SDK as-is is not enough. You have to install a few more packages through the manager - that should solve that problem!

Thx and with best regards,
    Nanthrox

4. Cascho01

Cascho01

True, the manager is obligatory!

5. guru20

guru20

Man.... I can't believe this is still an ongoing thing. Just ran into this today.

So, it appears that if you do the default installation, the sdk folder is installed in the HIDDEN (on Windows) folder Users/username/AppData

The fact that Unity doesn't detect it, and there's no way to know where it is, and it is hidden.... wow. Just. Wow.

6. unity_udHz1_Cwm8Saag

unity_udHz1_Cwm8Saag

It's 2018 and I'm having this problem now. WTF.