Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Android SDK is missing required platform API

Discussion in 'Android' started by kdeger, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:47 AM.

1. kdeger

kdeger

Hi guys,

I just received this annoying error yesterday while building my APK. I searched the forum and tried everything I can do but couldn't find any solution. The interesting thing is at around 11 am my build was successful without any errors, even I uploaded it to Play Console. I tried to upgrade and downgrade the SDKs within Android Studio, update the Android Studio itself, change the path of the SDKs, gave permission to the folder which holds the SDKs, basically tried everything I know. Also from Unity updating the SDK doesn't work and the SDK path is correct. Uploaded some images. 2018-08-09 23_41_50-Unity 2018.2.2f1  _2.png
    2018-08-09 23_42_09-Unity 2018.2.2f1 _3 .png

Urgently need your help guys.

Attached Files:

2. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

Can you please share your editor.log?

3. kdeger

kdeger

The log is attached.

Attached Files:

4. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

Okay, your paths are not in the log - what is the path to your SDK, and what's the content there?
    Are you sure the path to android sdk in unity is set to this path?
    As a guess, can you please try run Unity as admin once to allow for the SDK update, if nothing else helps.

5. kdeger

kdeger

I checked the path where SDKs are loaded and nothing seems wrong, the path content and unity external tools windows are attached. Also tried to run Unity as admin but unfortunately the error remains. The weird thing is I didn't change anything before the error as I mentioned I built an APK wtihout any error in the same day.

Attached Files: