Search Unity

Android SDK is missing required platform API

Discussion in 'Android' started by kdeger, Aug 10, 2018.

1. kdeger

kdeger

Hi guys,

I just received this annoying error yesterday while building my APK. I searched the forum and tried everything I can do but couldn't find any solution. The interesting thing is at around 11 am my build was successful without any errors, even I uploaded it to Play Console. I tried to upgrade and downgrade the SDKs within Android Studio, update the Android Studio itself, change the path of the SDKs, gave permission to the folder which holds the SDKs, basically tried everything I know. Also from Unity updating the SDK doesn't work and the SDK path is correct. Uploaded some images. 2018-08-09 23_41_50-Unity 2018.2.2f1  _2.png
    2018-08-09 23_42_09-Unity 2018.2.2f1 _3 .png

Urgently need your help guys.

Attached Files:

2. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

Can you please share your editor.log?

3. kdeger

kdeger

The log is attached.

Attached Files:

4. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

Okay, your paths are not in the log - what is the path to your SDK, and what's the content there?
    Are you sure the path to android sdk in unity is set to this path?
    As a guess, can you please try run Unity as admin once to allow for the SDK update, if nothing else helps.

5. kdeger

kdeger

I checked the path where SDKs are loaded and nothing seems wrong, the path content and unity external tools windows are attached. Also tried to run Unity as admin but unfortunately the error remains. The weird thing is I didn't change anything before the error as I mentioned I built an APK wtihout any error in the same day.

Attached Files:

6. muaslam

muaslam

Hi kdeger,

I am facing the same issue, did you find a solution? If yes, please share for me and others who are facing similar issue.

Thanks,
    Umar

7. kdeger

kdeger

Hi Umar,

Unfortunately I couldn't find a solid answer but backup the project and formatting the pc solved my problem.

Hope this helps.

erenaydin likes this.
  8. midhapulkit28

midhapulkit28

I'm having the same error. help me anyone?

9. Valhalaru

Valhalaru

Alright, I had the same issue, and I solved it.

What is happening with that warning notification, is Unity is complaining that it can't point to the correct Android SDK Tools that your project desires. The one that comes with Unity sometimes doesn't have all the latest Android API versions, and SDK Tools. So if you set your project to be Max API 29, or 30 (max at the time of writing this), but Unity doesn't have it as part of its install, it gives you this warning.

Solution:
    1. Download Android Studio

2. In Android Studio goto Tools->SDK Manager

3. Download and update all the latest SDK Platforms and SDK Tools. So in my case I went to the SDK Platforms Tab and downloaded Android 10.0 (Q) platform. Then I went to the SDK Tools tab and installed: Android SDK Build-Tools; Android SDK Command-line Tools; Android SDK Platform-Tools (and anything else you may want).

4. After installing the desired SDK Platforms, and SDK Tools, take note of your Android SDK Location. In my case it was "C:\Users\milam\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk". See pic below.
    upload_2020-8-21_12-26-47.png

5. In Unity goto Edit->Preferences and uncheck the box "Android SDK Tools Installed with Unity (recommended)". Then, goto "Browse" and have it point to the SDK Tools you just installed from Android Studio, at the Android SDK Location. See pic below.
    upload_2020-8-21_12-30-13.png

6. Now goto File->Build Settings
    Voila! You should be able to build to your testing devices, and export your build just fine!
    I hope this helps you. =)

10. akashjohny02

akashjohny02

not solved

11. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

I just had this problem with Unity 2019.4.12f1
    The issue was the default path for the Android NDK was wrong.
    Correcting it manually in Preferences -> external tools -> NDK path fixed it.
    It was trying to find the NDK in "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.12f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\NDK"
    but inside that folder was yet another folder with the NDK in it, so the correct path was:
    "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.12f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\NDK\android-ndk-r19"

12. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Could you try reinstalling, I just checked, and seems NDK is in correct folder, there's no android-ndk-r19 subfolder

13. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

I already completely uninstalled and reinstalled using the latest Unity Hub.
    The android-ndk-r19 subfolder is generated on install and it's not the first time that happens: this exact same issue has happened before on other Unity versions.
    Maybe it's an installer bug or maybe it's an Unity Hub bug, but it's definitively creating that extra folder.

14. Huldor

Huldor

For me it worked after hours or trying to fix it, to chance "platforms;android-29”(look for “platforms;android-“ in the file, in case it shows a different version) to highest installed sdk (for me 30) to ”platforms;android-30" in the “index.js” file on mac, *use the search function in OS to find it (with an up to date android studio SDK).

But then after a few hours the error can return… To then fix it again you need to chance the API level in Unity "PlayerSettings" to a random API level and then chance it back to the desired API level. This seems to rebuild file's and fix the error!

Hope it helps!