Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Android scanning environment to get 3D mesh

Discussion in 'AR' started by imDanOush, Mar 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imDanOush

imDanOush

rogueyoshi likes this.
  2. todds_unity

todds_unity

3. imDanOush

imDanOush

Correct me if I'm wrong, These that you mentioned are not supported on Android mobile phones.
    I exclusively mentioned Android phones.

For example, EasyAR supports and runs this technology on Android phones (using AR Core).
    Here is a quick test by myself. EasyAR is commercially too expensive and I do believe it is very likely to add such a feature to ARFoundation (or AR Core, so to speak).
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/VFOO1Hc8o4s

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, very interesting implementation

How is easy AR implementing the surface plane, it estimates the depth of the scene and tries to extract planes ?

From the last video, seems like the most important is how to create the point cloud and deternine the plane of interest points, than create the mesh itself, as this is the hardest part imo, in the car case could even query the close by points directly to determine the slope and move the car without actual collisions i suppose.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  5. ankur-unity

ankur-unity

Unity Technologies

For feature request in ARCore SDK, you will have to contact Google on their ARCore forums: https://github.com/google-ar/arcore-android-sdk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.