Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Android Resolver is not working

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by creat327, Jun 15, 2021.

1. creat327

creat327

Hi

It works fine on Unity 2021.1 but on 2021.2 alpha the google play resolver, which is required by many packages, it´s failing with this error

Exception thrown when initializing PlayServicesResolver: System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found

Anyone managed to get it to work?

2. Ethwood

Ethwood

This is a bug and has been reported to Google like days ago. Cutting edge versions of Unity will always have issues. I tried multiple older versions of External Dependency Manager but same spam errors popped up.

Seems like for us early adopters, using an older version of Unity for production work is the only way for now.

phobos2077 likes this.
  3. creat327

creat327

I was the one reporting it to google.
    The issue is that we can't test anything on Unity because unless your project doesn't do anything serious on Android, you won't be able to even compile without the Google Jar resolver. Amazed nobody detected this on any project. I wonder what kind of test projects Unity has on Android that doesn't include anything standard in almost every project (facebook sdk, firebase sdk, google mobile sdk... )

kevinksmith and phobos2077 like this.
  4. phobos2077

phobos2077

My guess they don't really have any kind of test projects that are close to reality. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen releases so consistently broken. And I'm not talking about Unity Editor itself but various packages like Addressables. For example, the currently "verified" version for 2020.3 LTS has critical bug that prevents loading any bundles if you have runtime properties in your loadpath... (which you do, by default).

5. creat327

creat327

They do have projects. I used to be a beta and even an alpha tester years ago and provided my full project to keep it on their system. They asked for people to volunteer their projects so Unity would fail to release if it didn't pass with those projects.

Obviously this was years ago and it seems they don't do this anymore then. Because I can´t think of any real-life project would compile without errors on Android.

EyeDev44 and phobos2077 like this.
  6. Aokkii

Aokkii

*bump*

what's the current state of this bug? has google or unity said anything about this bug? is it planned to be fixed?

@creat327 do you have a link to the report? I can't see any related open issue in the admob Github

found this but they don't mention the android resolver, only the IOS one
    https://github.com/googlesamples/unity-jar-resolver/issues/441

in my case clicking the android "force resolve" or "resolve" doesn't show the usual progress bar or any sign that the resolving was done.

and getting a never ending spam of :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    DungDajHjep likes this.
  7. creat327

creat327

The Android resolver was fixed on the 166 update, that´s why you won't find it on the list of pending issues. Only the iOS one is failing now.

8. Aokkii

Aokkii

thank you, i downloaded the 1.2.166 jar resolver from github and now its working.

9. Mashimaro7

Mashimaro7

I'm still encountering this issue in 2021.2.7f1... It occurs in one of my projects, but not any of the others... Does anyone know what could be causing this?

jamesgratrix1010101 likes this.
  10. jamesgratrix1010101

jamesgratrix1010101

Also getting this still in Unity 2021.2.6f1 I have downloaded the jar resolver 1.2.169 and still causing the issue

11. DaGeCBD

DaGeCBD

jus use api30

12. anrelivant

anrelivant

1. Install Ads Mediation from Package Manager.
    2. Restart Unity.
    These steps worked for me. I hope it's work for you too.

13. ahsanrocks95

ahsanrocks95

what about im using unity ads