Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Android purchases restored on re-install of game count towards Verified IAP Revenue in Livestream

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by smithmj5, Jan 23, 2018.

1. smithmj5

smithmj5

While using the analytics Livestream, if I reinstall my game, and have made several in-app purchases, all of those purchases will show up in the analytics Livestream as "Verified IAP Revenue" every time I reinstall the game and start it for the first time on Android (due to purchases being restored automatically on Android).

At the end of each day, the actual IAP revenue in analytics is correct (not in the Livestream).

This is happening with a test account, although I'm not sure if it matters.

I wanted to see if anyone else was noticing the same thing before I log a bug about it.

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@smithmj5

This is a known issue with Livesteam and unfortunately, it likely won't change for the foreseeable future.

Livestream is what it sounds like: a live stream of the events we are receiving. We do a minimal amount of processing on this data in order to display it quickly. (We only recently added revenue verification.)

In order to filter out duplicate purchases, we would need to check the incoming transaction against all previous transactions. This is done during the processing cycle, which is why the Data Explorer doesn't show the duplicates.

Hopefully this doesn't skew your revenue data too much.

We are still working on improvements to Livestream that should be coming out very soon.

3. smithmj5

smithmj5

@ap-unity

Awesome, thanks for the answer! I figured it might be related to performance, with the additional checks required.

It's not generally a big deal, only really noticeable when I'm doing repeated testing on a device, skews the numbers, but I can work around that.

Thank you for adding revenue verification - that was a very, very welcome change..before that I would see tens of thousands in unverified revenue in Livestream from cheaters/hacked versions of my game.

And a big thank you for the Livestream in general - it's so helpful when launching a game, or releasing an update, etc. :)

harpj and ap-unity like this.