Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Android project won't build INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES

Discussion in 'Android' started by EthanHooper1023, Oct 13, 2022.

1. EthanHooper1023

EthanHooper1023

I am using the localization package and pulling form Streaming assets folder video and audio clips(swapping based on current selected language)

Before was testing with only one mp4 in the streaming assets folder to begin with. It was working great!
    Now that I loaded all the other videos that I need for launch it is throwing this error

CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to install APK to device. Please make sure the Android SDK is installed and is properly configured in the Editor. See the Console for more details.
    E:\Program Files\UnityFolder\2021.3.11f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\platform-tools\adb.exe -s "R9ANB0YYR7J" install -r -d "E:\Program Files\UnityFolder\Projects\VideoCallApp\Build\Build.apk"

stderr[
    adb: failed to install E:\Program Files\UnityFolder\Projects\VideoCallApp\Build\Build.apk: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: Failed collecting certificates for /data/app/vmdl1446281248.tmp/base.apk: Failed to collect certificates from /data/app/vmdl1446281248.tmp/base.apk using APK Signature Scheme v2: integer overflow]
    ]
    stdout[
    Performing Streamed Install
    ]
    exit code: 1

I cannot make it build

2. EthanHooper1023

EthanHooper1023

Progress report:
    it seems to be the fact that there are that many videos in the streaming assets folder

I built the project just fine when I reduced it back down to one video

I found this unity issue tracker https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...n-the-streaming-assets-folder?page=1#comments

I am in 2020.3.37 which falls under the "Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X"
    I also tried to build for 2021.1.X and it still didn't work

I will try so scale the videos down so it saves space since it might be a memory

3. EthanHooper1023

EthanHooper1023

Figured it out. the videos were too big

I compressed them all down and scaled their resolution down and now it works perfectly