Search Unity

android pro only?

Discussion in 'Android' started by pat_sommer, Sep 28, 2010.

1. pat_sommer

pat_sommer

So this could be a very stupid question, (ill welcome mocking if it is! :razz:) but i feel like im getting conflicting information on the unity pages.

parts say things about still just preordering the android kit, but then others say its already here? and it looks like people are making games already?

can some body make it clear to me what exactly is offered? if i was to say buy unity pro / android pro i would be able to develop right away correct?

is the pre ordering still talking about the standalone version that can work with the free unity?

2. beezir

beezir

Android Pro is available with Unity 3. If you buy them both, you should be able to develop immediately. Those who pre-ordered U3 (with Android Pro) were also sent beta links over the last few weeks which allowed them to get started early.

As far as I know, there is no free Android version yet, though it should be coming at some point.

3. Dreamora

Dreamora

there will be no free android version.

what will come is a android non pro, comparable to iphone non pro which will cost $399 and has similar delta to the iphone side

4. beezir

beezir

Sorry, my mistake. I meant non-pro. Been coding too long today. :)

5. pat_sommer

pat_sommer

thanks for clearin it up 8D unfortunately i dont feel like dumping 3 grand into it at the moment without knowing what im really getting into, so i guess ill be waiting for the non pro! good to see U3 finally is out ive been waiting forever! proves to me that it wont be long till the non pro will be out