Search Unity

Android phone, location & storage permissions causing pop-ups on device

Discussion in 'Android' started by plasticYoda, Dec 13, 2017.

1. plasticYoda

plasticYoda

I've upgraded to Unity2017, and now my app has several pop-ups when it starts requesting user permissions for access to the phone, contacts, storage and location. My app doesn't use any of these permissions, but they all appear to be part of Unity IAPS & UnityChannel.

How can I disable these requests - I'm pretty sure my users will not like these pop-ups, nor see any reason the App should ask for them.

These permissions are inserted into the final manifest:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />

**UPDATE #1
    After further experimentation, if I replace the version of UnityChannel in the plugin folder with an older version I had from another project, the permission extras are no longer present.

**UPDATE #2
    I upgraded the Unity IAP to 1.15. This resulted in the extra permissions no longer being added. Pretty sure I was using 1.14 before.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  2. Saulius

Saulius

Same thing here. Working on client app and he complains about this. Previously used 5.6.4 and everything was fine. After upgrading to 2017.3 those started to pop up on app first start up. How to get rid of those?