Search Unity

Android Permissions on Quest broken?

Discussion in 'VR' started by getschwiftyltd, Jan 18, 2020.

1. getschwiftyltd

getschwiftyltd

Hi all,

At startup of my app the READ/WRITE external storage is automatically requested which is fine (i am indeed reading/writing files).

The problem is that a while ago it was bringing up a full in-VR system dialog with ALLOW/DENY buttons and it was all working nicely.
    However with current latest Unity (2019.3.0f5) and current latest OVR integration package instead of the VR system dialog it shows a full black screen in the left eye and a green/purple stereo static picture of the dialog (in 2d mode) with 90 degree rotation. It's still possible to (by luck) hit the ALLOW or DENY button but you can not see what you are doing and it's all static and in 2d.

Workaround to even be able to see the controllers move in this 2d mode is tap the Power button on the quest twice to off and on the headset. After doing this the screen is all cyan tinted and still 2d-right eye only but now you can actually move the controllers around and see where you are pointing! After hitting ALLOW it goes into normal VR mode and my game is loading up but cyan tint remains until i do the off/on power button trick again. Then everything is normal again.

Is this a known problem or am i doing something wrong? I have currently removed the code that had check/request permissions and trying to rely on Unity/Quest to do it by itself as the checkbox "Write external files (sdcard)" is checked in the build settings.

Thanks for any help.
    Alex

dimib likes this.
  2. getschwiftyltd

getschwiftyltd

I have installed some software from SideQuest just to see.. and the bug is exactly the same. Which makes me think now that this is not actually a unity/ovr integration issue but rather a bug in the current Quest firmware :-O